Director integrates with NetScaler MAS for network analysis and performance management.
- Network analysis obtains HDX Insight reports from NetScaler MAS and provides an application and desktop view of the network. With this feature, Director provides an advanced analytics view of ICA traffic in your deployment.
- Performance management provides historical retention and trend reporting. With historical retention of data versus the real-time assessment, you can create Trend reports, including capacity and health trending.
After you integrate NetScaler MAS with Director, HDX Insight reports provide you with the following information in Director:
- The Network tab in the Trends page shows latency and bandwidth effects for applications, desktops, and users across your deployment.
- The User Details page shows latency and bandwidth information specific to a particular user session.
Hardware Requirements for HDX Insight to NetScaler MAS Migration
|Virtual Network Interfaces
||1Gbps or 100 Mbps
Before migrating to the NetScaler MAS virtual appliance, verify that the following requirements have been met:
- Director version 7.11 is installed
- NetScaler HDX Insight version 10.1 or later is installed
- HDX Insight and NetScaler MAS supports XenDesktop VDA version 7.0 and later
- StoreFront is supported on XenDesktop version 7.0 and later
- Ensure that MAC Citrix Receiver for Mac version 11.8 and later, and Windows Citrix Receiver for Windows 14.0 and later are available to display accurate ICA RTT metrics
- NetScaler MAS version 11.0 and later is installed. For more information on how to install NetScaler MAS, see http://docs.citrix.com/en-us/netscaler-mas/11-1/single-server-deployment.html