To manage and monitor applications and the network infrastructure, you must first install NetScaler MAS on one of the hypervisors. You can deploy NetScaler MAS either as a single server or in a high availability mode. If you are using NetScaler Insight Center, you can migrate to NetScaler MAS and avail of the management, monitoring, orchestration, and application management features in addition to the analytics features.
- Single-Server Deployment. In a NetScaler MAS single server deployment, the database is integrated with the server and a single server processes all the traffic. You can deploy NetScaler MAS with Citrix XenServer, VMWare ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V, and Linux KVM. See:
- High Availability (HA) Deployment. An HA deployment of two Citrix NetScaler MAS servers can provide uninterrupted operation in any transaction. An HA pair of NetScaler MAS servers is in active-passive mode. When two NetScaler MAS servers are configured in active-passive mode, both servers have the same configuration. You must install both the server nodes on the same type of hypervisor and running on the same version. See: Deploy NetScaler MAS in High Availability Mode
- Migrate from NetScaler Insight Center to NetScaler MAS. You can migrate your NetScaler Insight Center deployment to NetScaler MAS without losing the existing configuration, settings, or data. With NetScaler MAS you can not only view the various analytics generated by the NetScaler and NetScaler SD-WAN instances, but can also manage, monitor, and troubleshoot the entire global application delivery infrastructure from a single, unified console. See: Migrating from NetScaler Insight Center to NetScaler MAS
- Migrate a Single-Server Deployment to a High Availability Deployment. If you have a single-server deployment of NetScaler MAS and want to move to an HA deployment, you can add a new NetScaler MAS server node to the existing NetScaler MAS single server deployment. Note that both the servers must be on the same type of Hypervisor and running on the same software version. See: Migrate a Single-Server Deployment to a High Availability Deployment
- Integrate NetScaler MAS with Director. Director integrates with NetScaler MAS for network analysis and performance management. See: Integrate NetScaler MAS with Director