Assigning vDisks to target devices
Assign a vDisk to a single target device or to all devices within a target device collection. If a target device has more than one vDisk assigned to it, a list of disks appears at boot time. This process allows you to select the appropriate vDisk to boot.
If one or more vDisk versions exist, the version target devices use in Production is either the highest numbered production version or an override version. For details see Accessing a vDisk Version. Maintenance and Test devices with non-production versions are labeled appropriately.
A vDisk cannot be assigned to a target device using drag if that target device was assigned a personal vDisks using the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Setup Wizard. A message dialog displays if a vDisk is dragged and dropped onto a collection containing one or more target devices using personal vDisks. The dialog provides the option to continue by acknowledging that the vDisk is assigned to those devices that are not currently assigned a Personal vDisk. Also, target devices using personal vDisks cannot inherit the properties of a target device that fail to use a Personal vDisk (copy/paste). To reassign a vDisk to a target device that uses a Personal vDisk, see Configure target devices that use personal vDisks.
Assigning vDisks to a target device
vDisks can be assigned to a single target device using:
- Target Device Properties dialog
To assign a vDisk, using drag, to one or all target devices within a collection:
- In the Citrix Provisioning console tree, expand the vDisk Pool within a given site. Or, alternately expand Stores to display the assigned vDisk in the right pane of the window.
- Left-click and hold the mouse on the vDisk, then drag it onto the target device or onto the collection.
To assign one or more vDisks to a single target device from the Target Device Properties dialog:
- In the Citrix Provisioning console tree, expand the Device Collections folder, then click the collection folder where this target device is a member. The target device displays in the details pane.
- Right-click on the target device, then select Properties. The Target Device Properties dialog appears.
- On the General tab, select the boot method that this target device uses from the Boot from menu options.
- On the vDisks tab, select the Add button within the vDisk for this Device section. The Assign vDisks dialog appears.
- To locate assignable vDisks for this target device, select a specific store or server. These stores or servers are located under the Filter options. You can alternately accept the default setting, which includes All Stores and All Servers.
- In the Select the desired vDisks list, highlight the vDisk(s) to assign, then click OK, then OK again to close the Target Device Properties dialog.