- What's new
- System requirements and compatibility
- Configure and install using command-line parameters
- Deploy using System Center Configuration Manager 2012 R2
- Deploy Citrix Receiver for Windows from a Web Interface logon screen
- Install and uninstall Citrix Receiver for Windows manually
- Deploy using Active Directory and sample startup scripts
- Deploy Citrix Receiver for Windows from Receiver for Web
- Configuring application delivery
- Configuring StoreFront
- Configuring features and functionality
- Providing users with account information
- Configuring Citrix Receiver Updates
- Configuring the Group Policy Object administrative template
- Optimize the environment
- Improve the user experience
- Enforce trust relationship
- Configure smart card authentication for Web Interface 5.4
- Connect through a proxy server
- Connect through a firewall
- ICA file signing to protect against application or desktop launches from untrusted servers
- Configure deprecated cipher suites
- Configure and enable TLS
- Connect with Secure Gateway
- Elevation level and wfcrun32.exe
- Citrix Receiver for Windows Desktop Lock
- SDK and API
Deploy Citrix Receiver for Windows from Receiver for Web
You can deploy Citrix Receiver for Windows from Citrix Receiver for Web to ensure that you have installed the Receiver before connecting to an application from a browser. Citrix Receiver for Web site enable you to access StoreFront stores through a web page. If the Citrix Receiver for Web site detects that a user does not have a compatible version of Citrix Receiver for Windows, you are prompted to download and install Citrix Receiver for Windows.
For more information, see Citrix Receiver for Web sites in the StoreFront documentation.
Email-based account discovery is not supported when Citrix Receiver for Windows is deployed from Citrix Receiver for Web. If email-based account discovery is configured and a first-time user installs Citrix Receiver for Windows from Citrix.com, Citrix Receiver for Windows prompts the user for an email or server address. Entering an email address results in the error message “Your email cannot be used to add an account.”
Use the following configuration to prompt for the server address only.
- Download CitrixReceiver.exe to your local computer.
- Rename CitrixReceiver.exe to CitrixReceiverWeb.exe.
- Deploy the renamed executable using your regular deployment method. If you use StoreFront, see Configure Receiver for Web sites using the configuration files in the StoreFront documentation.