Citrix optimizer optimizes user environments for better performance. it runs a quick scan of user environments and then applies template-based optimization recommendations. You can optimize user environments in two ways:
- You can use built-in templates to perform optimizations. To do so, select a template applicable to the operating system.
- Alternatively, you can create your own customized templates with specific optimizations you want and then add the templates to Workspace Environment Management (WEM).
Enable Citrix Optimizer. Controls whether to enable or disable Citrix optimizer.
Run Weekly. If selected, WEM runs optimizations on a weekly basis.
The Citrix Optimizer tab displays a list of templates you can use to perform system optimizations. The Actions section displays the actions available to you:
- Add. Lets you add a custom template.
- Remove. Lets you delete an existing custom template. You cannot delete built-in templates.
- Edit. Lets you edit an existing template.
- Preview. Lets you have an itemized view of the optimization entries that the selected template contains.
To add a custom template:
On the Administration Console > System Optimization > Citrix Optimizer > Citrix Optimizer tab, click Add.
In the New Custom Template window, click Browse to select the applicable template, select the applicable OS from the dropdown, configure groups contained in the template, and then click OK.
- Citrix optimizer does not support exporting custom templates. Retain a local copy of your custom template after you add it.
To edit a template, select the applicable template and then click Edit.
To remove a template, select the applicable template and then click Remove.
To view details of a template, select the applicable template and then click Preview.
Fields and controls
Template Name. The display name of the selected template.
Applicable OSs. A list of operating systems. Select one or more operating systems to which the template applies.
- You can apply only one template to the same OS.
Groups. The Available pane displays a list of grouped optimization entries. The entries are grouped by category. Double-click a group or click the arrow buttons to move the group around.
State. Toggles the template between enabled and disabled states. If disabled, the agent does not process the template, and WEM does not run optimizations associated with the template.
Changes to Citrix optimizer settings take some time to take effect, depending on the value that you specified for the SQL Settings Refresh Delay option on the Advanced Settings > Configuration > Service Options tab.
For the changes to take effect immediately, navigate to the context menu of the Administration > Agents > Statistics tab and then select Process Citrix Optimizer.
- New changes might fail to take effect immediately. We recommend that you select Refresh Agent Host Settings before you select Process Citrix Optimizer.