NetScaler Gateway Service
NetScaler Gateway provides users with secure VPN access to XenApp and XenDesktop applications across a range of devices including laptops, desktops, thin clients, tablets, and smartphones.
NetScaler Gateway Service enables secure, remote access to XenApp and XenDesktop applications, without having to deploy NetScaler Gateway in the DMZ or reconfigure your firewall. The entire infrastructure overhead of using NetScaler Gateway moves to the cloud and hosted by Citrix.
You enable NetScaler Gateway Service in Citrix Cloud. After enabling the service, users can access their VDAs from outside their network, as shown in the following diagram.
Enable the NetScaler Gateway Service
By default, the NetScaler Gateway Service is disabled.
To enable or disable the service:
- Sign in to Citrix Cloud.
- In the upper left menu, select Workspace Configuration. The Service Integrations tab indicates whether or not each service is enabled.
- Use the ellipsis menu on the row containing the service name to select Enable or Disable.
- The NetScaler Gateway Service is enabled for use with HDX traffic as part of the XenApp and XenDesktop Service only. Other NetScaler Gateway functionality is not enabled.
- The Citrix Cloud Connector located in your Citrix Cloud resource location communicates with Citrix-managed cloud services communicating through the internet. This communication channel does not support authentication at outbound proxies for access to the internet.
- All network traffic is protected by SSL, but to provide the NetScaler Gateway functionality, HDX traffic is present in memory in an unencrypted form.
- To use the NetScaler Gateway Service, you must use StoreFront hosted within Citrix Cloud.
- SmartAccess does not work for sessions connected through the NetScaler Gateway Service.
- NetScaler VPX in AWS Deployment Guide: This guide walks you through an example of manually installing a NetScaler VPX Amazon EC2 instance. It shows you how to configure NetScaler for external Citrix Cloud XenApp and XenDesktop Service connections through StoreFront.
- NetScaler VPX in Azure Deployment Guide: This guide walks you through an example of manually installing a NetScaler VPX instance into Microsoft Azure. It shows you how to configure NetScaler for external Citrix Cloud XenApp and XenDesktop Service connections through StoreFront.
- NetScaler VPX on XenServer
- For more information about NetScaler VPX deployment on other hypervisors, see Deploying Citrix NetScaler VPX.