This content has been machine translated dynamically.
Dieser Inhalt ist eine maschinelle Übersetzung, die dynamisch erstellt wurde. (Haftungsausschluss)
Cet article a été traduit automatiquement de manière dynamique. (Clause de non responsabilité)
Este artículo lo ha traducido una máquina de forma dinámica. (Aviso legal)
이 콘텐츠는 동적으로 기계 번역되었습니다. 책임 부인
Este texto foi traduzido automaticamente. (Aviso legal)
Questo contenuto è stato tradotto dinamicamente con traduzione automatica.(Esclusione di responsabilità))
This article has been machine translated.
Dieser Artikel wurde maschinell übersetzt. (Haftungsausschluss)
Ce article a été traduit automatiquement. (Clause de non responsabilité)
Este artículo ha sido traducido automáticamente. (Aviso legal)
이 기사는 기계 번역되었습니다.책임 부인
Este artigo foi traduzido automaticamente.(Aviso legal)
Questo articolo è stato tradotto automaticamente.(Esclusione di responsabilità))
A folder is a container that groups managed resources in whatever manner makes sense for your environment. For example, you might create a folder for each branch office in your organization. Folders can contain any type of resource from anywhere in your Citrix Hypervisor environment. Resources can be accessed independently of the folder in which they are referenced.
The organization of folders in XenCenter is conceptual, not physical. The resources are not physically located in the folder. Therefore, you can place resources into folders independently of their physical location. For example, placing a VM into a folder does not place its host server in the folder as well. Placing a server into a folder does not place all the VMs and storage resources on that server into the folder as well.
Folders can also be used in search queries. For example, you can search by folder with a “contained in” or “not contained in” relation and a list hierarchy of folders. For more information, see Create a Search Query.
The folder in which a resource is located is shown on the resource’s General tab and in its Properties dialog box. You can always see folder information for a resource. You can also move a resource into a different folder or remove it from a folder from the General tab.
The simplest way to create a folder is through Resources pane. Click Organization Views in the Navigation pane, and then select Objects by Folder. In the Resources pane, click the Folders group, right-click, and select New Folder from the shortcut menu. Type a name for the new folder, select the server where your folder metadata is stored, and then click Create.
You can also create folders from the General tab for any resource:
- In the Resources pane, select a pool, server, SR, virtual machine, or template, then click the General tab and click Properties.
- On the General tab of the Properties dialog box, click Change in the Folder box.
- In the Change Folder dialog box, click In this folder button and then click New Folder.
- Type a name for the new folder and select the server where your folder metadata is stored, then click Create.
- Click Move to apply the change and click OK on the Properties dialog box.
Move a resource into a folder by dragging it from the Resources pane or Search tab and to the folder. Resources can only be in one folder. If the resource is already in another folder, it is moved when you drag in onto a different folder.
You can also move a resource into a different folder or remove it from a folder from the General tab:
In the Resources pane, select the pool, server, SR, virtual machine, or template you want to place in a folder.
Select the General tab and click Properties.
On the General tab of the Properties dialog box, click Change in the Folder box.
- To remove the resource from its current folder, select Not in any folder.
- To move the resource into a different folder, select In this folder and choose a folder or a subfolder from the list.
- To place the resource in a new folder, click New Folder. Type a name for the new folder and select the server where your folder metadata is stored, and then click Create.
Click Move to apply the change and click OK on the Properties dialog box.
- In the Resources pane, select the folder then right-click and select Rename Folder on the shortcut menu.
- Type the new name.
You do not actually delete the resources in the folder when you delete the folder. The resources return to the general collection.
- In the Resources pane, select the folder, then right-click and select Delete Folder on the shortcut menu.
- Click Yes to confirm.
All the contents are moved out of the folder and then the folder is deleted.
This Preview product documentation is Citrix Confidential.
You agree to hold this documentation confidential pursuant to the terms of your Citrix Beta/Tech Preview Agreement.
The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described in the Preview documentation remains at our sole discretion and are subject to change without notice or consultation.
The documentation is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making Citrix product purchase decisions.
If you do not agree, select Do Not Agree to exit.