The End of Life (EOL) lifecycle date for Citrix ScanDirect for XenMobile is September 1, 2018.
When a product release reaches EOL, you can use the product within the terms of your product licensing agreement, but the available support options are limited. Historical information appears in the Knowledge Center or other online resources. The documentation is no longer updated and is provided on an as-is basis. For more information about product lifecycle milestones, see the Product Matrix.
Citrix ScanDirect allows users to capture, edit, and save documents for easy sharing. ScanDirect automatically detects the edges of documents and whiteboards and applies document-specific filters to ensure superior image quality. Users can quickly export the captured images to ShareFile as PDF, Microsoft Word, or Microsoft PowerPoint files.
For ScanDirect and other XenMobile App system requirements, see System requirements for XenMobile Apps.
Configuring XenMobile for ScanDirect
ScanDirect requires access to a device’s camera, so turn off the Block camera policy on the XenMobile Server.
With ScanDirect, users can:
- Quickly digitize and store handwritten notes, documents, and receipts for later use.
- Add multiple images to a single capture to create a case or project file for associated content.
- Save digitized captures as a PDF, Microsoft Word, or Microsoft PowerPoint files.
- Export captures to their most common collaboration resources, such as email, photo gallery, and cloud storage.
- Crop captured notes any time to modify for future use.
For information about how users can take their first scan and add ShareFile as a cloud service, see this article.