From the Monitor dashboard, you can view desktop usage, sessions, and machines in your Citrix Managed Desktops deployment. You can also control sessions, power-manage machines, end running applications, and end running processes.
To access the Monitor dashboard:
- Sign in to Citrix Cloud, if you haven’t already. In the upper left menu, select My Services > Managed Desktops.
- From the Manage dashboard, click the Monitor tab.
Several displays refer to Delivery Groups and catalogs. In Citrix Managed Desktops, these terms are equivalent.
Monitor desktop usage
The Managed Desktop Usage page appears by default when you click the Monitor tab. Displays on this page refresh every five minutes.
To return to the Managed Desktop Usage page from any other Monitor dashboard display, click Usage.
Machine and Sessions Overview: You can tailor the display to show information about all catalogs (default) or a selected catalog. You can also tailor the time period: the last day, week, month, or three months.
Counts at the top of the display indicate the total number of machines, plus the number that are powered-on and powered-off. Hover over a value to display how many are single session and multi-session.
The graph below the counts shows the number of powered-on machines and peak concurrent sessions at regular points during the time period you selected. Hover on a point the graph to display the counts at that point.
Top 10s: To tailor a top 10 display, select a time period: the past week (default), month, or three months. You can also tailor the display to show only information about activity involving single session machines, multi-session machines, or applications.
- Top 10 Frequent Users: Lists the users who started desktops most frequently during the time period. Hovering on a line displays the total launches.
- Top 10 Active Catalogs: Lists the catalogs with the longest duration during the selected time period. Duration is the sum of all user sessions from that catalog.
Desktop usage report
To download a report containing information about desktop launches during the last month, click Desktop Launch Activity on the Managed Desktop Usage page. A message indicates that the request is being processed. The report downloads automatically to the default download location on the local machine.
Filter and search to monitor machines and sessions
When you’re monitoring session and machine information, all machines or sessions are displayed by default. You can:
- Filter the display by session or machine type.
- Refine the display of sessions or machines by choosing the criteria you want, building a filter by using expressions.
- Save the filters that you build, for reuse.
Control a user’s applications
You can display and manage applications and processes for a user that has a running session or an assigned desktop.
- From the Monitor dashboard, click Search and enter the username (or the beginning characters of the username). From the search results, select the user you’re looking for. (To collapse the user search box without searching, click Search again.)
Select a session for that user.
The Activity Manager lists the applications and processes for the user’s session.
To end an application, on the Applications tab in Activity Manager, click in the application’s row to select that application, and then click End Application.
- To end a process, on the Processes tab in Activity Manager, click in the process’s row to select that process, and then click End Process.
- To display session details, click Details in the upper right. To return to the applications and processes display, click Activity Manager in the upper right.
- To control the session, click Session Control > Log Off or Session Control > Disconnect.
Monitor and control sessions
Session displays are updated every minute.
In addition to viewing sessions, you can disconnect one or more sessions or log off users from sessions.
From the Monitor dashboard, click Filters.
Select the Sessions view.
To tailor the display, click Choose Columns and select the check boxes of items you want to appear. When you’re done, click OK. The sessions display refreshes automatically.
- Click the check box to the left of each session you want to control.
- To log off or disconnect the session, elect either Session Control > Log Off or Session Control > Disconnect.
Remember that the power management schedule for the catalog can also control disconnecting sessions and logging off users from disconnected sessions.
As an alternative to the above procedure you can also Search for a user, select the session you want to control, and then display session details. The log off and disconnect options are available there, too.
Session information report
To download session information, click Export on the sessions display. A message indicates that the request is being processed. The report downloads automatically to the default download location on the local machine.
Monitor and power control machines
Machine displays are updated every minute.
- From the Monitor dashboard, click Filters.
Select the Machines view.
By default, the display lists single session OS machines. Alternatively, you can display multi-session machines.
To tailor the display, click Choose Columns and select the check boxes of items you want to appear. When you’re done, click OK. The machines display refreshes automatically.
- To power-control machines or place them in or out of maintenance mode, click the check box to the left of each machine you want to control.
To power-control the selected machines, click Power Control and select an action.
- To place the selected machines in or out of maintenance mode, click Maintenance Mode > ON or Maintenance Mode > OFF.
Machine information report
To download session information, click Export on the machines display. A message indicates that the request is being processed. The report downloads automatically to the default download location on the local machine.