Configure network analysis
Note: The availability of this feature depends on your organization’s license and your administrator permissions.
Director integrates with NetScaler MAS to provide network analysis and performance management:
- Network analysis leverages HDX Insight reports from NetScaler MAS to provide an application and desktop contextual view of the network. With this feature, Director provides advanced analytics of ICA traffic in your deployment.
- Performance management provides historical retention and trend reporting. With historical retention of data versus the real-time assessment, you can create Trend reports, including capacity and health trending.
After you enable this feature in Director, HDX Insight reports provide Director with additional information:
- The Network tab in the Trends page shows latency and bandwidth effects for applications, desktops, and users across your entire deployment.
- The User Details page shows latency and bandwidth information specific to a particular user session.
- ICA session Round Trip Time (RTT) shows data correctly for Receiver for Windows 3.4 or later and the Receiver for Mac 11.8 or later. For earlier versions of these Receivers, the data does not display correctly.
- In the Trends view, HDX connection logon data is not collected for VDAs earlier than 7. For earlier VDAs, the chart data is displayed as 0.
To enable network analysis, you must install and configure NetScaler MAS in Director. Director requires NetScaler MAS Version 11.1 Build 49.16 or later. MAS is a virtual appliance that run on the Citrix XenServer. Using network analysis, Director communicates and gathers the information that is related to your deployment.
For more information, see the NetScaler MAS documentation. Note: Citrix NetScaler Insight Center has reached its End of Maintenance date as of 15th May 2018. See the Citrix Product Matrix. Integrate Director with Citrix NeScaler MAS for network analysis. To migrate your NetScaler Insight Cente to NetScaler MAS, see Migrate from NetScaler Insight Center to NetScaler MAS.
- On the server where Director is installed, locate the DirectorConfig command line tool in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Director\tools, and run it with parameter /confignetscaler from a command prompt.
- When prompted, enter the NetScaler MAS machine name (FQDN or IP address), the username, password, HTTPS connection type (preferred over HTTP), and choose NetScaler MAS integration.
- To verify the changes, log off and log back on.