Net Promoter Score (NPS)
Citrix Workspace app for Windows (Store) prompts you periodically for Net Promoter Score (NPS) feedback. The prompt asks you to rate your experience with Citrix Workspace app. We use NPS feedback as a tool to measure customer satisfaction and to further improve Citrix Workspace app.
The NPS feedback prompt appears:
- When you upgrade to the latest version of Citrix Workspace app for Windows (Store) edition.
- After every fifth successful connection.
You can rate your experience on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 indicating that you are extremely satisfied.
Ratings of 4 and 5 redirect you to rate your experience in the Microsoft Store.
Ratings between 1 and 3 redirect you to your default email. The content of the email and the recipient email address is auto-populated in the Compose email dialog.
The Net Promoter Score feature works only on the Citrix Workspace app for Windows (Store) edition.
When you upgrade or install Citrix Workspace app for Windows (Store) for the first time, you must add the latest template files to the local GPO. For more information about, see Group Policy Object administrative template in the Citrix Workspace app for Windows documentation. The existing settings are retained while importing the latest files after upgrade.
- Open the Citrix Workspace app GPO administrative template by running gpedit.msc.
- Under the User Configuration node, go to Administrative Template > Citrix Workspace > User experience.
- Select EnableNPS policy.
- Select Disabled to disable the NPS feedback prompt in a session.
- Restart the session for the changes to take effect.
This feature is an important change to the secure communication protocol. Cipher suites with the prefix TLS_RSA_ do not offer forward secrecy and are considered weak. These cipher suites were deprecated in Citrix Receiver version 13.10 with an option for backward compatibility.
In this release, the TLS_RSA_ cipher suites have been removed entirely. Instead, this release supports the advanced TLS_ECDHE_RSA_ cipher suites.
If your environment is not configured with the TLS_ECDHE_RSA_ cipher suites, client launches are not supported due to weak ciphers.
The following advanced cipher suites are supported:
- TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 (0xc030)
- TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384 (0xc028)
- TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA (0xc013)
DTLS v1.0 supports the following cipher suites:
DTLS v1.2 supports the following cipher suites: