Customer Success Services
When you purchase a new Citrix product, your purchase includes a one-year membership in Customer Success Services. This membership entitles you to, among other benefits, any product updates, including major and minor releases, released during your membership period. For example, if you purchased XenDesktop, Enterprise edition on July 22, 2015, you are entitled to any updates released for XenDesktop, Enterprise edition until July 22, 2016. After your initial one-year membership period expires, you can choose to renew your Customer Success Services membership. After paying Citrix for your renewal, you can use the Citrix Licensing Manager to install your renewal licenses. You can go to citrix.com and download a license file containing your renewal license.
A Customer Success Services membership and its associated license are distinct from your license to run the product. If you do not renew your Customer Success Services membership, your Citrix products do not stop working. However, you are not entitled to any software releases after it expires.
Customer Success Services renewal licenses
Customer Success Services renewal license files contain licenses, known as renewal licenses, that extend your Customer Success Services membership for a one-year period. These licenses are required to run any new product releases, excluding hotfixes, that are released during your membership period.
If you do not add the Customer Success Services renewal licenses immediately, your Citrix products do not stop working. However, you cannot run any new software released during your renewed membership until you have the renewal license on your license server.
You do not need to download more licenses when you install new versions of your products during this membership period. If Citrix releases a product version after your Customer Success Service membership ends, you must renew your Customer Success Services membership and obtain a renewal license before you can use the new product version.
Before you upgrade to any of the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops releases, ensure that your current Customer Success Services dates are valid and have not expired. Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops releases use a Year Month format (YYMM). Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 1903 was released in 2019 in the third month. To upgrade any component in your Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops deployment to version 1903, ensure that your current Customer Success Services dates are later than March 2019.
When you renew your Customer Success Services membership, you can use the renewal license features of the Citrix Licensing Manager. For more information see, Update licenses.
When you download more license files, you can delete the expired Customer Success Services licenses. However, it is not a requirement. You might want to keep them to make it easier to identify the upgrade that is associated with each base license.
You can find out what your Customer Success Services dates are by using:
- Citrix Licensing Manager (see Citrix Licensing Manager)
- License Administration Console on the Dashboard (see License Administration Console)
- Text editor to view the license file
Check for and install Customer Success Services renewal licenses with the Citrix Licensing Manager
When enabled, the Citrix Licensing Manager contacts Citrix.com web services weekly to check for available Customer Success Services renewal licenses.
Based on how you configure it, the Citrix Licensing Manager automatically or manually checks for Customer Success Services renewal licenses. It notifies you or installs the licenses when found.
- In the Citrix Licensing Manager, click the settings icon in the upper right of the UI.
- Select how you want to be notified and if you want renewal licenses to be automatically installed.
If the automatic checks for Customer Success Services renewal licenses fail, check the firewall setting or configure a proxy. For this feature to work, the License Server must be able to access https://citrixservices.citrix.com. For more information, see Configure a proxy server manually.
You can also configure the ports, the supplemental grace period, and the language on this page.
- Automatically check for Customer Success Services renewal licenses and notify when available: Citrix Licensing Manager displays a notification. Click a link to download and install available renewals. This same notification appears in Studio and Director if they are configured to manage the License Server.
- Automatically check for and install Customer Success Services renewal licenses when available: Citrix Licensing Manager checks weekly and automatically installs renewal licenses when available. A notification displays for a few days stating that renewals have been installed.
- Manually check for Customer Success Services renewal licenses: Select the Update Licenses tab and Check for Available Renewals. You can check the Update Licenses tab at any time to see a list of licenses installed in the last 30 days.