To upgrade to the latest Citrix Workspace app, do any of the following steps:
- Download the Citrix Workspace app from the Citrix Download page and install the app to upgrade from Citrix Receiver to Citrix Workspace app.
- Upgrade your Citrix Workspace app using Google Play.
For information about the features available in Citrix Workspace app for Android, see Citrix Workspace app Feature Matrix.
For the documentation of Citrix Receiver for Android, see Citrix Receiver.
HDX RealTime Media Engine
Citrix HDX RTME plug-in is embedded with the Citrix Workspace app installer.
The HDX RealTime Media Engine (RTME) is a plug-in to the Citrix Workspace app to support clear, crisp high-definition audio-video calls. You can seamlessly participate in audio-video or audio-only calls to and from HDX RealTime Media Engine users.
HDX RTME integrates Citrix Workspace app on the endpoint device and performs media processing on the user device, offloading the server for maximum scalability, minimizing network bandwidth consumption and ensuring optimal audio-video quality.
- HDX RTME for Citrix Workspace app for Android is supported only on Chromebooks with Intel Core Processor.
- You must uninstall the existing version of HDX RTME to install the latest version available with the Citrix Workspace app.
Citrix Workspace app for Android does not support the following HDX RTME features:
- Camera encoding USB Video Class (UVC) 1.1.
- Device enumeration and switching from Skype for Business settings. Only default devices are used.
- G722.1C, RTAudio, and RTVideo codecs.
- Human interface devices, auto gain control, and Call Admission Control.
- In Fallback mode, webcam and audio devices are not available because of limitations in Citrix Workspace app for Android.
Enable HDX RTME from Citrix Workspace app:
By default, this setting is set to Off.
To enable the HDX RTME from Citrix Workspace app, go to Settings > Advanced and select Enable RealTime Media Engine.
For more information about the HDX RealTime Media Engine, see HDX RealTime Optimization Pack documentation.
Installing Citrix Workspace app on an SD card
Citrix Workspace app for Android is optimized for local installation on user devices. However, if devices have insufficient storage, users can install Citrix Workspace app for Android on an external SD card and mount it on the device to launch published apps on their mobile devices. This support is provided by default and no additional configuration is required.
To launch an app using the SD card, select the app from the list of Citrix Workspace app on the user device, and then select Move to SD card.
If users opt to install Citrix Workspace app for Android on an external SD card to launch apps, the following issues exist:
- Mounting a USB storage device while the SD card is mounted on the mobile device causes the SD card to become unavailable, and if apps were running, they stop running when the USB device is mounted.
- Some AppWidgets (such as the home screen widgets) are not available when an app is running from the SD card. After unmounting the SD card, users must restart the AppWidgets.
If users install Citrix Workspace app for Android locally on their user devices, they can move Citrix Workspace app for Android to the SD card when needed.
ProGuard enabled for security
We’ve ProGuard enabled to make Citrix Workspace for Android secure through obfuscation. ProGuard renames different parts of the code to prevent inspection of stack traces and makes the Workspace app secure. ProGuard also reduces the app size by shortening the names of app classes, methods, and fields.