Use Manage Licenses in My Account on citrix.com
Citrix is working to improve the licensing experience in My Account on citrix.com. You can choose Manage Licenses to easily find, allocate, download, modify, return, hide, and unhide licenses. The legacy All Licensing Tools experience is still available for a limited time.
There are several administration procedures that you can do without using the Citrix Licensing Manager or the License Administration Console. We recommend that you use the appropriate console whenever possible.
You can also use Manage Licenses at citrix.com. This article describes how to manage licenses on citrix.com.
For any of the following tasks, access the Manage Licenses section of your My Account page as follows:
To access Manage Licenses on citrix.com
- From a web browser, go to http://www.citrix.com.
- Select Sign In > My Account and type your user ID and password.
- Select Manage Licenses.
- Select the licenses you want to allocate. The landing page displays only new licenses within 30 days and expiring term licenses. You can use the Filter by menu to search for specific types of licenses or select Quick find: All active to see all licenses.
- From the Select an action menu, choose Allocate licenses.
- Follow the process to allocate and generate your file.
Modifying a license returns a single license file and allows for allocation to another server.
- Select a product and click the link to view the product license details.
- Select the allocated license to modify.
- From the Select an action menu, choose Modify allocations.
- Type a new server name.
- Select Modify license file.
- Select the licenses you want to download. The landing page displays only new licenses within 30 days and expiring term licenses. You can use the Filter by menu to search for specific types of licenses or select Quick find: All active to see all licenses.
- From the Select an action menu, choose Download all licenses, and save the file to a temporary location. Remember the file name and location where you downloaded the file. You need this location.
At a command prompt, navigate to the folder and type the following command:
lmreread -c @localhost -all
Hide and unhide licenses
Hiding licenses doesn’t remove them from an account. When you hide licenses, it removes them from view.
- Select the licenses you want to hide.
- From the Select an action menu, choose Hide licenses.
- To unhide licenses, choose Quick find: All hidden and select licenses.
- From the Select an action menu, choose Unhide licenses.
Returning licenses puts them back in the licensing pool. These licenses can then be allocated in any quantity at any time.
- Select the licenses you want to return.
- From the Select an action menu, choose Return allocations.
Upgrade license edition
If you are eligible for a version upgrade as a benefit of your maintenance, you can obtain a new license and add it to the License Server.
- At the bottom of the landing page, select Upgrade my licenses.
- Follow the site options and instructions for upgrading your product edition licenses.
- Either download or order new media. An email message provides you with instructions to return to citrix.com to allocate or receive more feature licenses.
- Log on to www.citrix.com to allocate your licenses, generate a license file, download the license file to your License Server, and reread the file.
Manage multiple licenses
You can apply actions to multiple licenses at the same time. To successfully apply actions to multiple licenses, be aware of these considerations:
You can apply certain actions only to licenses with the same attributes. For example, you can only allocate licenses that have the same binding type. An error message appears when you select licenses that are not compatible for the bulk action.
The first license you select is what subsequent selections are compared to for compatibility.
If you select licenses that can’t have an action applied to all of them, some actions might be disabled or not displayed, and a message might appear. For example, if you select two licenses, one that has been allocated and one that has not, a message appears. The message states that the action can apply only to allocated licenses.
- Choose Download license files, and save the file to a directory.
At the License Server, copy the license file from the directory where it was saved to the
Ensure that the license file retains the lower case .lic file name extension. Some copy processes don’t recognize a file type for that extension and add a “.txt” file name extension during the copy. You can’t import license files that have the wrong file name extension.
- C:\Program Files\Citrix\Licensing\MyFiles on a 32-bit computer
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\Licensing\MyFiles on a 64-bit computer
At a command prompt, navigate to:
- C:\Program Files\Citrix\Licensing\LS on a 32-bit computer
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\Licensing\LS on a 64-bit computer
And type the following command:
lmreread -c @localhost -all
Search for licenses
In the Find a license by… menu, choose the search criterion, type the search text, and select Search.
You can select Show advanced search options to further narrow down your search.
Use the Filter by menu to narrow your list to expired licenses, new licenses, available allocations, or trial licenses.
- From the Filter by menu, choose how you want to filter your output.
Create a product license report
- Select the licenses you want in the report.
- Choose the Export to Excel (.CSV) link on the bottom of the screen.
- Save the file.