The announcements in this article are intended to give you advanced notice of features which are being phased out so that you can make timely business decisions. Citrix monitors customer use and feedback to determine when they are withdrawn. This list is subject to change in subsequent releases and does not include every deprecated feature or functionality.
The following features are deprecated. This does not mean that they are removed immediately. Citrix will continue to support them up to and including the next Citrix Provisioning version that is part of the next Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Long Term Service Release (LTSR). Deprecated items will be removed in a Current Release following the next LTSR. Alternatives for deprecated items are suggested where possible.
For complete details about product lifecycle support, see the Product Lifecycle Support Policy article.
Import Citrix Provisioning target devices to create catalogs in Citrix Studio: This item was announced in 1912 LTSR release.
Alternatively, use the Export Devices Wizard to push Citrix Provisioning VMs into Delivery Controllers or MCS for catalog creation. See Export Devices Wizard.
Printer management: Labeled Enable printer management in the vDisk Properties screen. This item was announced in version 7.12.
In the BDM Media Properties section of the Boot Device Management screen, the term BDM Secure Boot: This item was announced in version 7.12.
The alternative is as follows: The Protect SDB parameter replaces BDM Secure boot. This new parameter represents as much functionality previously provided by the BDM Secure Boot option. To use this feature:
- In the Boot Device Management screen, select the Protect SBD checkbox.
- Optionally select Generate random password (make Media Write-Once), then enter the password and confirmation.
- Click Burn to create the bootable device.
The vDisk Properties screen is updated to remove the following options from the Cache Type field:
- Cache on hard disk. This option is removed from the list of available parameters on the vDisk Properties screen; this option can still be configured using an API.
- Cache on hard disk persisted. The cache on hard disk parameter is removed due to lack of ASLR support.
This item was announced in version 7.12. As an alternative, use one of the other available options.