SQL AlwaysOn for SQL Server 2012, 2014, and 2016
Citrix Provisioning supports the SQL AlwaysOn high availability and disaster recovery solution. Consider the following:
- The SQL 2012 native client is required. This is an optional prerequisite in the Citrix Provisioning server install process.
- Citrix Provisioning is only aware of and interacts with AlwaysOn through the listener DNS name.
- The database must be part of the pre-made high availability group.
- The listener DNS name and high availability group are part of the procedures to create SQL AlwaysOn. Citrix Provisioning is not responsible for this.
- The soap/stream services user must be manually configured to have full permission to each SQL server part of the AlwaysOn configuration.
- Citrix Provisioning is not aware of the individual SQL server/cluster behind SQL AlwaysOn.
Refer to Supported Databases for XenApp and XenDesktop Components in the Knowledge Center for additional information about supported databases and clients.