Workspace Environment Management contains the following issues:
- On Windows Server 2012 R2, if Adobe Acrobat Reader is installed it prevents Workspace Environment Management from associating PDF files with other PDF reader applications. Users are forced to select the PDF reader application each time they open a PDF. [#WEM-33]
- In the Security tab, when you clear the option Process DLL Rules, the rule count reported next to the "DLL Rules" collection is set to zero, regardless of the actual number in the WEM database. [#WEM-425]
- You can use the Citrix Workspace Environment Management Infrastructure Services Setup.exe to install the Citrix Workspace Environment Management SDK without installing the infrastructure service (by selecting "Custom" installation type and deselecting "Default feature"). However, if you leave the option "Start the Database Management Utility" selected then click "Finish," an error message about Error 2753 is displayed. You can click OK to dismiss this error dialog, which is benign. [#WEM-541]
- When you use a configuration object with Workspace Environment Management PowerShell modules SDK cmdlets, all parameters must be specified. If they are not, the command fails with an InvalidOperation error. [#WEM-691, #WEM-693]
- In PowerShell, when you use the help command with the -ShowWindow switch to display help in a floating window for a Workspace Environment Management PowerShell cmdlet, the Examples section of the help is unpopulated. To see the examples, use the get-help command with the -examples, -detailed, or -full switch instead. [#WEM-694]
- When you are configuring the Workspace Environment Management database, if you use incorrect settings the system may become unresponsive for up to six minutes. The system then displays an error message reporting "A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. Examples of incorrect settings include incorrect SQL user name and password or invalid database instance. This happens because Workspace Environment Management makes multiple database connection retries with the incorrect settings. [#WEM-790]
- StoreFront-based assigned application actions, which have been configured for Transformer, do not appear correctly in the vertical task manager toolbar at the right-hand side of the Transformer kiosk window. Some icons may appear as incorrect duplicate icons. Users can still open StoreFront-based assigned applications from shortcuts in the main Applications tab. [#WEM-1056]
- In the administration console Active Directory Objects section Machines tab, when you click Add OU, the Organization Units dialog does not list all the items it should. There are two scenarios to be aware of:
- When the infrastructure server and administration console are not installed on the parent domain (for example, they are installed on the tree-domain or on a sub-domain), none of the Active Directory structure or OUs (forests, domains, sub-domains, and so on) outside the current forest are shown.
- When the infrastructure server and administration console are installed on the parent domain, only the parent domain OU is shown. The OUs of sub-domains and tree-domains in different forests are not shown.
To add machines which are in a different forest, in the Machines tab, click Add Object and select the other forest. [#WEM-1069]
- If multiple session support is enabled on a Windows server OS machine, application security rules of previously logged on users are replaced by rules of more recently logged on users. For example, if a rule is assigned to user1 but not to user2, when user2 logs on the rule is deleted from local AppLocker rules. Thus the rule cannot be enforced for user1 as well. A workaround for this issue is to ensure rules are merged and not replaced. To do this, manually edit a specific setting in the WEM database as described in CTX233578. [#WEM-1070]