Citrix Cloud Connector. This component must be installed on at least one machine in every resource location you are using before you install the Workspace Environment Management service agent. See Cloud Connector Installation.
.NET Framework 4.7.1 or later. This component is necessary for the Workspace Environment Management service agent. If not already installed, it is automatically installed during agent installation.
Microsoft Visual C++. This component is necessary for the Workspace Environment Management service agent. If not already installed, the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable is automatically installed during agent installation.
Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime version 98 or later. This component is necessary for the Workspace Environment Management service agent. If not already installed, it is automatically installed during agent installation.
- Only version 2209 and later require this component.
- Starting with Version 2203, Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime installer is packaged with the agent installer. To download and install Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime, you must have internet access.
Microsoft Active Directory. Workspace Environment Management service requires read access to your Active Directory to push configured settings out to users.
Citrix DaaS (formerly Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops service) or Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops. Any supported version of Citrix virtual apps or desktops is required.
Citrix Workspace app for Windows. To connect to Citrix StoreFront store resources that have been configured from the Workspace Environment Management service administration console, Citrix Workspace app for Windows must be installed on the agent host machine. The following versions are supported:
- Citrix Receiver for Windows versions: 4.4 LTSR CU5, 4.7, 4.9, 4.9 LTSR CU1, and 4.10
- Citrix Workspace app 1808 for Windows and later
For Transformer kiosk-enabled machines, Citrix Workspace app for Windows must be installed with single sign-on enabled, and configured for pass-through authentication. For more information, see Citrix Workspace app.
Operating system prerequisites
The Workspace Environment Management agents are supported only on operating system versions that are supported by their manufacturer. You might need to purchase extended support from your operating system manufacturer.
Agent. The Workspace Environment Management agent is supported on the following operating systems:
- Windows 11, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows 10 version 1607 and newer, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows 8.1 Professional and Enterprise editions, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows 7 SP1 Professional, Enterprise, and Ultimate editions, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows Server 2022 Standard and Datacenter Editions
- Windows Server 2019 Standard and Datacenter Editions*
- Windows Server 2016 Standard and Datacenter Editions*
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard and Datacenter Editions*
- Windows Server 2012 Standard and Datacenter Editions*
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Standard, Enterprise, and Datacenter Editions*
* The Transformer feature is not supported on multi-session operating systems.
Workspace Environment Management service agents running on multi-session operating systems cannot operate correctly when Microsoft’s Dynamic Fair Share Scheduling (DFSS) is enabled. For information about how to disable DFSS, see CTX127135.
Agent: average RAM consumption is 10 MB, but we recommend that you provide 20 MB to be safe. 40 MB of available disk space (100 MB during installation).
For the WEM service agent to operate, you must configure your firewall and proxy server to allow outbound connections. For more information, see Internet connectivity requirements.
In enterprise networks, the WEM service also requires the Cloud Connector to communicate with the WEM service agent. Therefore, check your firewall settings to ensure that the WEM service agent port is configured correctly. For more information, see Port information.
Netlogon. The agent service (“Norskale Agent Host service”) is added to the Net Logon Dependencies list to ensure that the agent service is running before logons can be made.
The Workspace Environment Management service agent is installed in the following default folder:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\Workspace Environment Management Agent (on 64-bit OS)
- C:\Program Files\Citrix\Workspace Environment Management Agent (on 32-bit OS)
On-access scanning must be disabled for the entire “Citrix” installation folder for the Workspace Environment Management agent. When this is not possible, the following processes must be excluded from on-access scanning:
- Agent Log Parser.exe