You can specify settings for the following system configuration parameters by clicking on the Edit button of each option, making your changes, and then clicking the Save button.
The following list describes each appliance setting.
- HTTP Certificate Settings: Displays the currently set security certificate. Use the Upload and Generate buttons to upload an existing certificate or to generate a new one. Optionally, enter a comment that describes the changes you made.
Network File Shares: The Network File Share is used to:
- Package layers using the Network File Share, rather than a connector for your hypervisor.
- Publish layered Images to the Network File Share, rather than using a connector for your publishing platform.
- Serve Elastic Layers.
- Upgrade the App Layering software.
To configure the Network File Share, you specify the:
- SMB File Share Path
- User Name & password
Then, test the connection to the file share by clicking Test SMB File Share. The test returns a message stating either “Success” or “Failed to mount network file share path”. You can enter a comment describing your changes.
Security Settings: Specify the number of minutes of inactivity before the Management Console logs you out. Optionally, enter a comment that describes the changes you made.
Task Retention Settings: Specify the number of days that the appliance should retain completed Tasks before deleting them. Optionally, enter a comment that describes the changes you made.
8Audit Log Retention Settings: Specify the number of days that the appliance should retain audit log files. After that time elapses, the software begins to overwrite the audit log. Optionally, enter a comment that describes the changes you made.
Notification Settings: Configure automatic email notification settings for yourself or other users. When you export logs, the appliance sends the specified recipients an email notification that includes a link to the log files.
To set up email notifications, complete the following fields. All fields are required.
- In the Mail Server box, enter the name of your email server or the name of the SMTP relay server.
- In the Mail Server port, enter the number of the port that the email server uses for communication.
- In the User Name box, enter the user name for the email account you want to use for sending notifications. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the Password box, enter the password for the email account.
- In the From box, enter an email address to identify the source of the email message. For example, if you enter email@example.com, the email message displays the following in the From box of the received notification: App Layering Manager [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- In the Recipient List box, enter the email addresses that should receive notifications. Use a comma or semicolon to separate the email addresses.
- Click Test Email Configuration to verify that the settings for the email server and account work correctly. If the test succeeds, the software displays a success message and sends the recipients a confirmation email.
- Enter a comment, if necessary, and click Save to save the email settings. Any comments you enter will appear in the Information view Audit History. For more information, see Export log files.
- Log File Retention Settings: Specify the maximum disk space to use for all logs (in megabytes) and the number of days that the log files should be retained. Optionally, enter a comment that describes the changes you made.