Install Cloud Connectors from the command line
You can install the Citrix Cloud Connector software interactively or using silent or automated installation.
During installation, the Cloud Connector requires access to the cloud to authenticate the user performing the installation, validate the installer’s permission(s), and download and configure the services the Cloud Connector provides. The installation occurs with the privileges of the user who initiates the install.
Important: Using the same installer for repeated installations over a period of time is not recommended. Download a new Cloud Connector from the Resource Locations page in the Citrix Cloud Government console.
Use Start /Wait CWCConnector.exe /parameter:value to examine potential error codes in the case of a failure. This can be done using the standard mechanism of running echo %ErrorLevel% after the installation completes.
You can retrieve a list of supported parameters by running CWCConnector /?.
- /Customer: Required. The customer ID shown on the API Access page in the Citrix Cloud Government console (within Identity and Access Management).
- /ClientId: Required. The secure client ID an administrator can create, located on the API Access page.
- /ClientSecret: Required. The secure client secret that can be downloaded after the secure client is created. Located on the API Access page.
- /ResourceLocationId: Required. The unique identifier for an existing resource location. To retrieve the ID, click the ID button for the resource location on the Resource Locations page in the Citrix Cloud Government console. If no value is specified, Citrix Cloud Government uses the ID of the first resource location in the account.
- /AcceptTermsOfService: Required. Default value is Yes.
A sample command line with all required parameters:
CWCConnector.exe /q /Customer:*Customer* /ClientId:*ClientId* /ClientSecret:*ClientSecret* /ResourceLocationId:*ResourceLocationId* /AcceptTermsOfService:*true*
- 1603 - An unexpected error occured.
- 2 - A prerequiste check failed.
- 0 - Installation completed successfully.
Installation logs are located at %LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp\CitrixLogs\CloudServicesSetup.
Additionally, logs are added to %ProgramData%\Citrix\WorkspaceCloud\InstallLogs after installation.
Considerations for cloned machines
Each machine hosting the Cloud Connector must have a unique SID and connector ID so that Citrix Cloud Government can communicate reliably with the machines in your resource location. Installing the Cloud Connector on a machine template (before cloning) is not supported. If you clone a machine with the Cloud Connector installed, the Cloud Connector services will not run and the machine cannot connect to Citrix Cloud Government.
If you intend to host the Cloud Connector on multiple machines in your resource location and you want to use cloned machines, perform the following steps:
- Prepare the machine template according to the requirements for your environment.
- Provision the number of machines that you intend to use as Cloud Connectors.
- Install the Cloud Connector on each machine, either manually or using the silent installation mode.