Chrome OS supports Android API Version 19 and later.
Citrix Workspace app for Android supports Android 4.4 (KitKat), 5.x (Lollipop), 6.x (Marshmallow), 7.x (Nougat), 8.x (Oreo), and 9.x (Pie).
For best results, update Android devices to the latest Android software.
Citrix Workspace app for Android supports launching sessions from Workspace for Web, as long as the web browser works with Workspace for Web. If launches do not occur, configure your account through Citrix Workspace app for Android directly.
If a Tech Preview version of Citrix Workspace app for Android is installed, uninstall it before installing the new version.
StoreFront 2.6 or later
Provides direct access to StoreFront stores. Citrix Workspace app for Android also supports prior versions of StoreFront.
StoreFront configured with a Workspace for Web site
Provides access to StoreFront stores from a web browser. For the limitations of this deployment, see the StoreFront documentation.
Web Interface (not supported for Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 and later deployments):
- Web Interface 5.4 with Web Interface sites
- Web Interface 5.4 with XenApp Services sites
Web Interface on Citrix Gateway:
You must enable the rewrite policies provided by Citrix Gateway.
Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (any of the following products):
- Citrix Virtual Apps 7.5 or later
- XenApp 6.5 for Windows Server 2008 R2
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.x or later
Citrix Workspace app for Android supports HTTP, HTTPS, and ICA-over-TLS connections to a Citrix Virtual Apps server through any one of the following configurations.
For LAN connections:
- StoreFront 2.6 or later
- Web Interface 5.4
- XenApp Services (formerly Program Neighborhood Agent) site.
For secure remote connections (any of the following products):
- Citrix Gateway 11 and later (including VPX, MPX, and SDX versions)
- XenMobile is supported only with versions 9 and 10.
About Secure Connections and TLS Certificates
When securing remote connections using TLS, the mobile device verifies the authenticity of the remote gateway’s TLS certificate against a local store of trusted root certificate authorities. The device automatically recognizes commercially issued certificates (such as VeriSign and Thawte) provided the root certificate for the certificate authority exists in the local keystore.
Private (Self-signed) Certificates
If a private certificate is installed on the remote gateway, the root certificate for the organization’s certificate authority must be installed on the mobile device to successfully access Citrix resources using Citrix Workspace app for Android.
When the remote gateway’s certificate cannot be verified upon connection (because the root certificate is not included in the local keystore), an untrusted certificate warning appears. If a user selects to continue through the warning, a list of applications is displayed; however, application fails to launch.
Wildcard certificates are used in place of individual server certificates for any server within the same domain. Citrix Workspace app for Android supports wildcard certificates.
Intermediate Certificates and Citrix Gateway
If your certificate chain includes an intermediate certificate, the intermediate certificate must be appended to the Citrix Gateway server certificate. See the Knowledge Center article that matches your edition of the Citrix Gateway:
RSA SecurID authentication is not supported for Citrix Secure Web Gateway configurations. To use RSA SecurID, use Citrix Gateway.
Citrix Workspace app for Android supports authentication through Citrix Gateway using the following methods, depending on your edition:
- No authentication (Standard and Enterprise versions only)
- Domain authentication
- RSA SecurID, including software tokens for Wi-Fi and non-Wi-Fi devices
- Domain authentication paired with RSA SecurID
- SMS Passcode (one-time PIN) authentication
- Smartcard authentication
Smart card authentication on Web Interface sites is not supported.
Citrix Workspace app for Android now supports the following products and configurations.
Supported smart card readers:
- BaiMobile 3000MP USB Smart Card Reader
Supported smart cards:
- PIV cards
- Common Access Cards
- Smart card authentication to Citrix Gateway with StoreFront 2 or 3 and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.x and later or XenApp 6.5 and later
- Smart card authentication to Citrix Gateway with Web Interface 5.4.2 and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.x and later or XenApp 6.5 or later
Other token-based authentication solutions can be configured using RADIUS. For SafeWord token authentication, see Configuring SafeWord Authentication.