Migrate user store
Profile Management provides a solution to migrate your user store without losing any data. This feature can be useful in cases where you want to migrate your user store to a more scalable file server.
To migrate your user store, use the Migrate user store policy along with the Path to user store policy. The Migrate user store policy lets you specify the path to the folder where the user settings (registry changes and synchronized files) were previously saved (the user store path that you previously used).
The path can be an absolute UNC path or a path relative to the home directory. In both cases, you can use the following types of variables:
- System environment variables (enclosed in percent signs)
- Attributes of the Active Directory user object (enclosed in hash signs)
- The folder
Windows\%ProfileVer%stores the user settings in a subfolder called
Windows\W2K3of the user store (if %ProfileVer% is a system environment variable that resolves to W2K3).
\\server\share\#SAMAccountName#stores the user settings to the UNC path
#SAMAccountName#resolves to JohnSmith for the current user).
In the path, you can use user environment variables except %username% and %userdomain%.
If this setting is disabled, the user settings are saved in the current user store.
If this setting is not configured here, the corresponding setting from the .ini file is used.
If this setting is not configured here or in the .ini file, the user settings are saved in the current user store.
After the changes to the policy settings take effect, the user settings stored in the previous user store are migrated to the current user store specified in the Path to user store policy.
To configure the migration of the user store in Group Policy, complete the following steps:
- Open the Group Policy Management Editor.
- Under Policies > Administrative Templates: Policy definitions (ADMX files) > Citrix Components > Profile Management, double-click the Migrate user store policy.
- Select Enabled.
- In the Options pane, type the user store path that you previously used.
- Click OK.
For your changes to take effect, run the gpupdate /force command from the command prompt. Log off all sessions and then log on again. For details, see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb490983.aspx.
You can also choose to configure the Profile Management policies in Citrix Studio. To do so, complete the following steps:
- In the left pane of Citrix Studio, click Policies.
- In the Create Policy window, type the policy in the search box. For example, type “Migrate user store.”
- Click Select to open the Migrate user store policy.
- Select Enabled and then type the user store path that you previously used.
- Click OK.