Enable SQL Server Always On multi-subnet failover
Citrix Provisioning supports SQL Server Always On failover in multi-subnet environments. The Citrix Provisioning server requires Microsoft OLE DB Driver for SQL Server. Microsoft OLE DB Driver fully supports Always On availability groups.
Ensure that the provisioning server is configured to use the Always On availability group listener as the database server name. You do not need to use any instance name. When you use the availability group listener, enable multiSubnetFailover.
The Microsoft OLE DB Driver is part of the Citrix Provisioning installer. No additional installation procedures are necessary to use this functionality.
Enable always on failover using the Enable MultiSubnetFailover for SQL field on the Database Connection Options dialog in the Citrix Provisioning Configuration Wizard. To avoid potential configuration conflicts with other Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops components, use only the configuration wizard to enable this feature.
For more information, see SQL Always On for SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2017.
To enable SQL server always on in multi-subnet environments
- After launching the Citrix Provisioning Configuration Wizard, access the Database Server screen.
On the Database Server screen:
- Click Browse to browse for existing SQL databases and instances in the network, or type the database server name and instance.
- Select Active Directory Integrated authentication if you want to use the services’ user account. Enter the database credentials that the Stream and SOAP services will use.
- Click Connections Options…
- On the Database Connection Options screen, select the Enable MultiSubnetFailover for SQL Server Always On check box.
- On the Database Server screen, click Next.
- Enter database administrator credentials in the pop-up dialog. Select Active Directory Integrated authentication if you want to use the current login. Click OK.
- Complete the remaining wizard pages.