Citrix Provisioning includes several tools for configuring and managing deployment. After you have installed the software, the following tools become available:
- Installation Wizard – Use this wizard to install Citrix Provisioning components to create provisioning servers and master target devices.
- Configuration Wizard – Use this wizard to configure provisioning server components, including network services, and database permissions. This wizard is installed during the Citrix Provisioning installation process.
- Imaging Wizard – On the master target device, run the Citrix Provisioning Imaging Wizard. This process creates a virtual disk file in the database and then images that file without having to physically go to a Citrix Provisioning server. This utility is installed during the target device installation process.
- Virtual Disk Status Tray – Use this target device utility to get target-device connection status and streaming statistical information. This utility is installed during the Citrix Provisioning target device installation process.
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Setup Wizard – Creates virtual machines (VMs) on a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops hosted hypervisor server from an existing machine template. It creates and associates target devices to those VMs, assigns a virtual disk to each target device, then adds all virtual desktops to the catalog.
- Streamed VM Setup Wizard – Creates VMs on a hosted hypervisor from an existing machine template, creates, and associates target devices for each machine within a collection, then assigns a virtual disk image all the VMs.
- Virtual Host Connection Wizard – Adds new virtual host connections to the virtual disk Update Manager.
- Managed virtual disk Setup Wizard – Adds new managed vDisks to the virtual disk Update Manager.
- Update Task Wizard – Configures a new update task for use with virtual disk Update Manager.
- Boot Device Manager – Use this utility to configure a boot device, such as a USB or CD-ROM, which then receives the boot program from Citrix Provisioning.
- Upgrade Utilities – There are several upgrade methods available. The method you select depends on your network requirements.
- Programming Utilities – Citrix Provisioning provides programmers with a management application programming utility and a command line utility, accessed by all users. However, users can only use those commands associated with their administrator privileges. For example, a Device Operator is able to use this utility to get a list of all target devices that they have access to.