A farm represents the top level of a Provisioning Services infrastructure. Farms provide a “Farm Administrator” with a method of representing, defining, and managing logical groups of Provisioning Services components into sites.
All sites within a farm share that farm’s Microsoft SQL database. A farm also includes a Citrix License Server, local or network shared storage, and collections of target devices.
The farm is initially configured when you run the Configuration Wizard. The wizard prompts you for the farm’s name, a store, and a device collection. When you first open the Console, those objects display in the tree.
The wizard also prompts you for additional farm information such as the name of the license server, your user account information, and those servers that can serve the bootstrap file to target devices. You can always rerun the wizard to change settings. You can also choose to make farm configuration changes using the Farm Properties Dialog.
A farm administrator can view and manage all objects in any farm to which they have privileges. Only farm administrators can perform all tasks at the farm level.
Connecting to a Farm
- Right-click on Provisioning Services Console in the Console tree, then select Connect to farm.
- Under Server Information, type the name or IP address of a Streaming Server on the farm and the port configured for server access.
- Select to log in using one of the following methods:
- Use the Windows credentials that you are currently logged with, then optionally enable the Auto-login on application start or reconnect feature.
- Use different Windows credentials by entering the username, password, and domain associated with those credentials, then optionally enable the Save password and Auto-login on application start or reconnect feature.
- Click Connect. The Farm icon appears in the Console tree.
You can manage connections to farms from the Manage Connections dialog box. To open the dialog, right-click on the Provisioning Services Console icon in the tree, then select the Manage Connections menu option.