May 29, 2018
- Citrix Receiver 7.3 and later for iOS supports iOS 9, 10, and 11.
- Citrix Receiver 7.2.4 to 7.2.5 for iOS supports iOS 9 and 10.
- Citrix Receiver 7.1 to 7.2.3 for iOS supports iOS 8, 9, and 10.
- Citrix Receiver 7.0 to 7.0.2 for iOS supports iOS 7, 8, and 9.
- This software update has been validated on the following devices:
- iPhone 5x models, iPhone 6x models, iPhone 7x models, iPhone 8x models, and iPhone X models, including Plus models.
- All iPad models (including iPad Pro) except for iPad 1 and iPad 2 which are not supported.
- External display support
- iPhone - as supported by iOS.
- iPad - as supported by iOS (does not use the whole screen).
Ensure you install all the latest hotfixes for your servers.
For connections to virtual desktops and apps, Citrix Receiver supports Citrix StoreFront and Web Interface.
StoreFront 3.6 or later (recommended). Citrix Receiver 7 for iOS has been validated with the latest version of StoreFront; previous supported versions include StoreFront 2.6 or later.
Provides direct access to StoreFront stores. Citrix Receiver also supports prior versions of StoreFront.
Note: With XenApp and XenDesktop 7.8, Citrix introduced support for the Framehawk virtual channel and 3D Pro. This functionality was extended to Citrix Receiver for iOS. For more information, see the XenApp and XenDesktop documentation.
StoreFront configured with a Receiver for Web site
Provides access to StoreFront stores from a Safari web browser. Users must manually open the ICA file using the browser Open in Receiver function. For the limitations of this deployment, see the StoreFront documentation.
Web Interface 5.4 with Web Interface sites
Web Interface 5.4 with XenApp Services sites
Web Interface on NetScaler (browser-based access only using Safari)
You must enable the rewrite policies provided by NetScaler.
XenDesktop and XenApp (any of the following products):
- Citrix XenDesktop 7.x
- Citrix XenApp 7.5 or later
- Citrix XenApp 6.5 for Windows Server 2008 R2
Connectivity and authentication
For connections to StoreFront, Citrix Receiver supports the following authentication methods:
|Receiver for Web using browsers||StoreFront Services site (native)||StoreFront XenApp Services site (native)||NetScaler to Receiver for Web (browser)||NetScaler to StoreFront Services site (native)|
|Two-factor authentication (domain with security token)||Yes*||Yes*|
|User certificate||Yes (NetScaler Gateway plug-in)||Yes (NetScaler Gateway plug-in)|
*Available only for Receiver for Web sites and for deployments that include NetScaler Gateway, with or without installing the associated plug-in on the device.
For connections to the Web Interface 5.4, Citrix Receiver supports the following authentication methods:
Web Interface uses the term Explicit to represent domain and security token authentication.
|Web Interface (browsers)||Web Interface XenApp Services site||NetScaler to Web Interface (browser)||NetScaler to Web Interface XenApp Services site|
|Two-factor authentication (domain with security token)||Yes*|
|User certificate||Yes (Require NetScaler Gateway plug-in)|
About secure connections and certificates
Private (self-signed) certificates
When a private certificate is installed on the remote gateway, the root certificate for the organization’s certificate authority must be installed on the device to successfully access Citrix resources using Citrix Receiver.
If the remote gateway’s certificate cannot be verified upon connection (because the root certificate is not included in the local keystore), an untrusted certificate warning appears. If a user chooses to continue through the warning, a list of applications is displayed; however, applications fail to start.
Import root certificates on iPad and iPhone devices
Obtain the root certificate of the certificate issuer and email it to an email account configured on your device. When clicking the attachment, you are asked to import the root certificate.
Wildcard certificates are used in place of individual server certificates for any server within the same domain. Citrix Receiver for iOS supports wildcard certificates.
Intermediate certificates and the NetScaler Gateway
When your certificate chain includes an intermediate certificate, the intermediate certificate must be appended to the NetScaler Gateway (or Access Gateway) server certificate. Also, for Access Gateway installations, see the Knowledge Base article that matches your edition:
RSA SecurID authentication is supported for Secure Gateway configurations (through the Web Interface only) and all supported Access Gateway configurations.
Citrix Receiver supports all authentication methods supported by Access Gateway.
Citrix Receiver 7 for iOS provides support for SITHS smart cards for in-session connections only.
If you are using FIPS NetScaler devices, configure your systems to deny SSL renegotiations. For details, see How to configure the -denySSLReneg parameter.
The following products and configurations are supported:
- Supported readers:
- Precise Biometrics Tactivo for iPad Mini Firmware version 3.8.0
- Precise Biometrics Tactivo for iPad (4th generation) and Tactivo for iPad (3rd generation) and iPad 2 Firmware version 3.8.0
- BaiMobile® 301MP and 301MP-L Smart Card Readers Supported VDA Smart Card Middleware
- Supported smartcards:
- PIV cards
- Common Access Card (CAC)
- Supported configurations:
- Smart card authentication to NetScaler Gateway with StoreFront 2.x and XenDesktop 7.x or later or XenApp 6.5 or later