Citrix Receiver for Windows allows the operating system to control the session resolution.
You can apply high DPI in a session but the feature is disabled by default. This means that session scaling follows the operating system resolution.
You can configure DPI scaling using the following options:
- Group Policy Object (GPO) administrative template (per-machine configuration)
- Advanced Preferences (per-user configuration)
- Even with this feature enabled, a slight blur has been observed in the desktop viewer.
- In a session, when you change the DPI settings and relaunch it, the size of the session window might not be appropriate. As a workaround, resize the session window.
To configure DPI scaling using the Citrix Receiver GPO administrative template
- Open the Citrix Receiver Group Policy Object administrative template by running gpedit.msc.
- Under the Computer Configuration node, go to Administrative Templates> Citrix Components > Citrix Receiver > DPI
- Select High DPI policy.
- Change the settings as required.
- Click Apply and OK.
From a command line, run the
To configure DPI scaling using the graphical user interface
You can hide all or part of the Advanced Preferences sheet available from the Citrix Receiver icon in the notification area. For more information, see Hiding the Advanced Preferences sheet.
- Right-click Citrix Receiver for Windows from the notification area.
- Select Advanced Preferences and click DPI settings. The DPI settings dialog appears.
- Change the settings as required. By default, the option Let the operating system scale the resolution is selected.
- Click Save.
Restart the Citrix Receiver for Windows session for the changes to take effect.
For more information about troubleshooting issues with DPI scaling, see the Knowledge Center article CTX230017.