Configure session settings
When a user launches an application, StoreFront generates a document (known as an ica file) that is contains all of the settings that Citrix Workspace app needs to launch and configure that session.
In most cases it is recommended to modify sessions settings using Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Policies or Citrix DaaS Policies. However in some cases it useful to override these settings for a particular store. This can be useful if a store aggregates resources from multiple sites and you want to apply the same settings to all resources for that store.
To define session settings for a store, either:
- Use the Global App Config Service. This is a service on Citrix Cloud. For more details see Configure Citrix Workspace app using Global App Configuration service.
- On the StoreFront server, add settings to the store’s default.ica file.
You can find default.ica on the StoreFront server in the
For a list of available settings see ICA Settings Reference. Some settings apply globally. You can also add sections that apply to specific apps by adding a section whose name exactly matches the application name as configured in Studio.
Example: Launch Notepad in windowed mode
To configure an application to launch in Windowed mode, in default.ica, add a section for the application with the settings:
- TWIMode - set to Off to enable windowed mode.
- DesiredHRES - optionally the horizontal number of pixels.
- DesiredVRES - optionally the vertical number of pixels.