In addition to the product itself, uninstalling StoreFront removes the authentication service, stores, Citrix Receiver for Web sites, XenApp Services URLs, and their associated configurations. The subscription store service containing users’ application subscription data is also deleted. In single-server deployments, details of users’ application subscriptions are therefore lost. However, in multiple server deployments these data are retained on other servers in the group. Prerequisites enabled by the StoreFront installer, such as the .NET Framework features and the Web Server (IIS) role services, are not removed from the server when StoreFront is uninstalled.
- Log on to the StoreFront server using an account with local administrator permissions.
- Close the StoreFront admin console if it is open.
- Close any PowerShell sessions that may have been used to manage StoreFront via its PowerShell SDK.
- Open the Start menu, press Settings (cog icon) then go to Apps.
- In the Programs and Features windows, select Citrix StoreFront and click Uninstall to remove all StoreFront components from the server.
- In the Uninstall Citrix StoreFront dialog box, click Yes. When the uninstallation is complete, click OK.
To manually remove StoreFront
After uninstalling StoreFront, to ensure that StoreFront is completely removed:
- Remove Web Server Role.
- Delete the folder C:\Program Files\Citrix\Receiver StoreFront.
- Delete any subdirectories under C:\Program Files\Citrix\StoreFront Install.
- Delete the folder C:\Inetpub.
You can now reinstall StoreFront.
For more details of logs files, see Installation Logs.