End user guide
This section describes the features and appearance of a store when viewed either through a web browser or through Citrix Workspace app.
Depending on the authentication method and whether single sign-on is enabled, you may be required to log on.
Citrix Workspace app detection
This step only applies when accessing the store through a web browser, not through locally installed Citrix Workspace app. This step may occur before or after log on depending configuration.
Depending on configuration, when accessing the store through a web browser for the first time or after clearing your cookies, you may see the Welcome to Citrix Workspace app screen. Either:
- Click Detect Citrix Workspace app if you wish to launch resources in the locally installed Citrix Workspace app. This is recommended for the best experience.
- Click Use light version (if available) to always launch resources within the browser.
When you click Detect Citrix Workspace App, it tries to detect a locally installed Citrix Workspace app. First it tries using the Citrix Workspace web extensions. If this is not installed or fails to detect locally installed Citrix Workspace app then it attempts to open Citrix Workspace Launcher which is a component of Citrix Workspace app. If Citrix Workspace app is installed then your browser pops up a window asking to run the Citrix Workspace Launcher. Click Open Citrix Workspace Launcher or Open link (depending on the browser). It is recommend you also tick Always allow domain to open links of this type in the associated app to avoid this window appearing every time you launch a resource.
If a locally installed Citrix Workspace app is detected then after a few seconds it continues to the next screen. When you subsequently launch a resource it will either use Citrix Workspace web extensions or Citrix Workspace Launcher, depending on which was detected, to open resources in the locally installed Citrix Workspace app.
If Citrix Workspace app is not installed, or you cancel the launcher then depending on configuration you have the following options:
- Download - Downloads Citrix Workspace app from the Citrix website or from the StoreFront server. After installing Citrix Workspace app, click Detect again.
- Detect again - Attempts to detect the locally installed Citrix Workspace app again.
- Use light version - Skips Workspace app detection and always opens resources in your web browser.
- Already installed - use this option if you have a legacy version of Citrix Receiver installed that does not support the Citrix Workspace Launcher or Citrix Workspace web extensions. If you select this option, when you launch a virtual app or desktop then your browser downloads a file launch.ica that you can open with Citrix Receiver. This option results in reduced functionality so is not recommended.
The Home tab displays any featured app groups along with any favorite or mandatory apps and desktops. The Home tab is only shown if favorites are enabled for the store.
The Apps tab has a number of sub-views:
- All - displays all apps.
- Favorites - Displays all favorite apps.
- Categories - Displays categories and the apps within those categories. The way categories are displayed depend on the Category settings.
- Collections Displays the Featured app groups.
The Desktops tab has two sub-views:
- All - Displays all desktops.
- Favorites - Displays your favorite desktops.
App and desktop tiles
Click on an icon to launch the app or desktop.
Click or tap the star to make an item a favorite:
You can expand a panel below each icon to show the app description and actions.
The following actions may be available:
- Open - Launches or re-connects to the app or desktop.
- Add to favorites - If the item is not a favorite, is not mandatory, and favorite are enable for the store then adds the app or desktop to your favorite.
- Remove from favorites - If the item is a favorite, is not mandatory, and favorite are enable for the store then removes the app or desktop from your favorites.
- Restart - For assigned desktops where restart is available, this restarts the desktop.
Click the magnifying glass icon to bring up the search box. Search across all apps, desktops, and categories:
The settings menu is available only when accessing the store through a web browser.
The settings menu has the following options:
- Account Settings - opens the settings page.
- About - Displays information about the application.
- Log off - Logs off the website.
The following options may be available:
Connect. Resumes any disconnected sessions.
Disconnect. Disconnects all of your current sessions and logs you off.
Activate Citrix Workspace app. Downloads a file that adds this store to the local Citrix Workspace app.
Change Citrix Workspace app. Opens a page that checks for a locally installed Citrix Workspace app. This also allows users to switch between launching resources using the locally installed Citrix Workspace app, and launching them in a web browser.
To log off, open the settings menu and click Log off. This logs you off the store. If you are connected to any resources then depending configuration it will either:
- Terminate the resources.
- Disconnect from the resources
- Leave the resources connected.