Sign up for Citrix Cloud Government
This article walks you through the process of signing up for Citrix Cloud Government and performing the required tasks for onboarding your account successfully.
What is an OrgID?
An OrgID is the unique identifier assigned to your Citrix Cloud Government account. Your OrgID is associated with a physical site address, typically your company’s business address. So, organizations usually have a single OrgID. However, in some cases, such as having different branch offices or having different departments managing their assets separately, Citrix may allow an organization to have multiple OrgIDs.
What is a Citrix Cloud Government account?
A Citrix Cloud Government account enables you to use one or more Citrix Cloud Government services to securely deliver your apps and data. A Citrix Cloud Government account is also uniquely identified by an OrgID. It’s important to use the right Citrix Cloud Government account, based on how your organization has set up OrgIDs, so that your purchases and administrator access can continue on the same OrgIDs.
Multifactor authentication requirements
To keep your Citrix Cloud Government account safe and secure, Citrix Cloud Government requires all customers to enroll in multifactor authentication. To enroll, you need only a device, such as a computer or mobile device, with an authenticator app installed, such as Citrix SSO.
Try Citrix Cloud Government
Visit https://onboarding.cloud.us and complete the sign-up form.
Citrix Cloud Government uses your business email address as your user name when signing in. The business email address you specify must meet the following requirements:
- The email address must be different than others you might have already used with Citrix Cloud Government. For example, if you have accepted an invitation to be an administrator on a Citrix Cloud Government account, Citrix Cloud Government has a record of that email address. If you sign up with that same email address, Citrix Cloud Government does not accept it.
- The email address cannot use the citrix.com domain. Citrix Cloud Government does not accept email addresses with the citrix.com domain.
After you submit the sign-up form, Citrix Cloud Government displays your home region. Currently, Citrix Cloud Government includes only one geographical region, so only this region appears.
Agree to the Terms of Service and then click Continue. Citrix Cloud Government displays a confirmation page and sends you a confirmation email so you can set up your account password.
Locate the confirmation email and click the Sign In link. If you haven’t received the confirmation email after a few minutes, click the Resend link on the Citrix Cloud Government confirmation page in your browser.
Enter and confirm the strong password that you want to use with your Citrix Cloud Government account and then click Create account. As the first administrator of the account, you use this password with your email address to sign in to Citrix Cloud Government.
The password you select is case-sensitive and must include all of the following criteria:
- At least 12 characters long
- At least one upper-case letter
- At least one lower-case letter
- At least one number
- At least one special character: ! @ # $ % ^ * ? + = -
You can then sign in to Citrix Cloud Government using the email address and password you chose earlier.
Purchase Citrix Cloud Government
To order Citrix Cloud Government for your organization, contact a Citrix sales representative. After you complete the order, you receive a confirmation email with a link to set up your account. In setting up your account, you create the first account administrator using the email address from your order and a password you specify.
Click the link in your order confirmation email. A Citrix Cloud Government setup page displays in a browser window, showing your order details. Click Continue.
Enter and confirm the strong password that you want to use with your Citrix Cloud Government account and then click Continue. As the first administrator of the account, you use this password with the email address on your order to sign in to Citrix Cloud Government.
- Sign in to Citrix Cloud Government at https://citrix.cloud.us using the email address you used on your order and the password you chose earlier. Citrix Cloud Government displays your home region. Currently, Citrix Cloud Government includes only one US geographical region, so only this region appears.
- Agree to the Terms of Service and then click Continue. The Citrix Cloud Government management console appears.
To keep your administrator account safe and secure, Citrix Cloud Government requires you to use multifactor authentication when you sign in. Enrolling in multifactor authentication prevents unauthorized access to your administrator account and only requires a device, such as a computer or mobile device, with an authenticator app installed that follows the Time-Based One-Time Password standard, such as Citrix SSO.
If you’re not enrolled in multifactor authentication, Citrix Cloud Government prompts you to enroll when you sign in.
During enrollment, Citrix Cloud Government presents a QR code and a key. Depending on your authenticator app, you can either scan the QR code or enter the key to register your device. For a smooth enrollment process, Citrix recommends downloading and installing this app on your device beforehand. Citrix Cloud Government also generates one-time use backup codes that you can use to access your account in the event you lose your device or can’t use your authenticator app.
When signing in to Citrix Cloud Government, verify that you are viewing the Citrix Cloud Government sign-in page at https://accounts.cloud.us. If you sign in to Citrix Cloud Government using a different URL, enrollment in multifactor authentication fails.
After you enroll, multifactor authentication is used for all customer organizations that you belong to in Citrix Cloud Government. You can’t disable multifactor authentication after completing the enrollment process.
You can enroll only one device. If you enroll a different device later, Citrix Cloud Government deletes the current device enrollment and replaces it with the new device. For more information, see Change your device for multifactor authentication.
To enroll your device in multifactor authentication:
- Go to Citrix Cloud Government at https://citrix.cloud.us and verify that the URL redirects to https://accounts.cloud.us. Sign in using your Citrix Cloud Government credentials. Citrix Cloud Government sends you an email with a verification code.
- After you receive the email, enter the 6-digit verification code and your Citrix Cloud Government password and select Verify.
- From the authenticator app, scan the QR code or enter the key manually. Your authenticator app displays an entry for Citrix Cloud Government and generates a 6-digit code.
- Under Verify your authenticator app, enter the code from your authenticator app and select Verify code.
- Configure the following account recovery methods in the event you lose your device or can’t use your authenticator app:
- Recovery phone (required): Select Add a recovery phone and enter a phone number that a Citrix Support representative can use to call you and verify your identity. Citrix Support uses this phone number only when you request help to sign in. Citrix recommends using a landline phone number.
- Backup codes (required): Select Generate backup codes to create a set of one-time use backup codes to help you sign in if you can’t use your authenticator app. When prompted, select Download codes to download your backup codes as a text file. Then, select I’ve saved these codes and select Close.
- Select Finish to complete the enrollment.
When your enrollment is complete, the Citrix Cloud console appears. From the top-right menu, select My Profile. After successful enrollment, the Authenticator app section displays a green check mark and the My Profile page displays your configured recovery methods.
The next time you sign in with your Citrix Cloud Government administrator credentials, Citrix Cloud Government prompts you for the verification code from your authenticator app.
After you enroll in multifactor authentication, signing in to your Citrix Cloud Government account brings you to the Citrix Cloud console page. If you need to register a different device, generate more backup codes, or update your recovery phone number later, you can perform these tasks from your My Profile page.
For more instructions, see Change your device for multifactor authentication.