Install and configure
After you sign up for Citrix Cloud Japan, use the following sequence to set up your connection to Citrix Cloud Japan. Review the entire process beforehand so you know what to expect.
Set up a resource location
Resource locations contain infrastructure servers, such as Active Directory domains and Cloud Connectors, and the machines that deliver resources, like applications and desktops, to users. Setting up a resource location is required for using the Virtual Apps and Desktops service.
For instructions, see Create a resource location.
View a video about installing Cloud Connectors:
Connect an identity provider
Identity providers are used to authenticate administrators when they sign in to Citrix Cloud Japan and to provide access to user lists for assigning Library offerings to users. Citrix Cloud Japan supports the following identity providers:
- Active Directory (AD)
- Azure Active Directory
By default, Citrix Cloud Japan uses Citrix Identity, a built-in identity provider, to authenticate administrators when they sign in. Alternatively, you can connect your AD or Azure AD as an identity provider to Citrix Cloud Japan to authenticate Citrix Cloud Japan administrators.
Application and desktop delivery to users
When delivering applications and desktops through the Virtual Apps and Desktops service, you can assign users and groups from your AD or Azure AD to those resources using one of the following methods:
- Create a delivery group in Studio that includes the applications and desktops you want to deliver and specifies the users from your AD who are authorized to access them.
- Create a delivery group in Studio that includes the applications and desktops you want to deliver and make it available as an offering in the Library. Then, use the Library to select the users from your AD or Azure AD who are authorized to access the resources in the delivery group. This method requires connecting your AD or Azure AD to Citrix Cloud Japan as an identity provider.
For instructions for connecting identity providers to Citrix Cloud Japan, refer to the following articles:
- Connect Active Directory as an identity provider
- Connect Azure Active Directory as an identity provider
Set up Virtual Apps and Desktops
To get started with the Virtual Apps and Desktop service, complete the following tasks:
- Request a service trial if you don’t have a subscription. Service trials last for 60 days and have all the same functionality as the production service.
- Review the system requirements for the customer-managed components in your Virtual Apps and Desktops service deployment and prepare your machines accordingly.
- Review the sequence of tasks in Install and configure in the Virtual Apps and Desktops service documentation and follow the steps in each task.