Service Level Agreement
Effective date: October 30, 2020
Citrix Cloud is designed using industry best practices to achieve a high degree of service availability.
This Service Level Agreement (SLA) describes Citrix’s commitment for Citrix Cloud Service availability. This SLA is part of the Citrix end user service agreement (EUSA) for covered services (“Services”).
Citrix’s service commitment (“Service Commitment”) is to maintain at least 99.9% monthly uptime (“Monthly Uptime”) on Services. Monthly Uptime is calculated by subtracting from 100% the percentage of minutes during a full month of a Service in which the Service instance was in the state of “Unavailable.” Services and the measure of availability for each are set forth in the table below. Monthly Uptime percentage measurements exclude downtime resulting from:
- Regularly scheduled maintenance windows.
- Customer’s failure to follow configuration requirements for the Service as documented on https://docs.citrix.com, or abusive behavior, or faulty input.
- Customer’s use of a Service after Citrix advised Customer to modify Customer’s use of the Service, if Customer did not modify use.
- Caused by any component not managed by Citrix including, but not limited to, Customer controlled physical and virtual machines, Customer installed and maintained operating systems, Customer installed and controlled software, networking equipment or other hardware; Customer defined and controlled security settings, group policies and other configuration policies; public cloud provider failures, Internet Service Provider failures; or other Customer support factors external to Citrix’ control.
- Customer’s employees, agents, contractors, or vendors, or anyone gaining access by means of Customer’s passwords or equipment, or otherwise resulting from Customer’s failure to follow appropriate security practices.
- Customer’s attempts to perform operations that exceed Service entitlements.
- Service disruption due to Force Majeure, including, but not limited to, natural disasters, war or acts of terrorism, or government actions.
No Service Commitment is offered for any Citrix trial, tech preview, Labs or Beta service.
Citrix offers Service Commitments to customers that:
- Have purchased the Services using a term based subscription (1 year minimum subscription period).
- Have at least a 100 unit subscription (1,000 minimum for Citrix Service Providers), per the license model applicable to the Service, during the claim period.
Citrix Service Providers (CSPs) are eligible on October 1, 2018.
Per Service Availability Measures
|Service||Measure for Monthly Uptime|
|Citrix Analytics for Performance||Time users can access and improve apps and desktops performance.|
|Citrix Analytics for Security||Time users can detect and mitigate user access and activity risks.|
|Citrix Application Delivery Management service||Average time the Service is available across all POPs.|
|Citrix Content Collaboration||Time users can enumerate files and folders associated with their account or download files that are hosted in Citrix-managed storage zones.|
|Citrix Endpoint Management||Time users can access their Citrix delivered mobile apps and enrolled devices through the Service.|
|Citrix Gateway Service for HDX Proxy||Time users can access their app or desktop session through the Service.|
|Citrix Intelligent Traffic Management||Time users can access traffic management functionality through DNS queries or HTTP API calls.|
|Citrix SD-WAN Orchestrator||Time users can access their SD-WAN Orchestrator account and manage their SD-WAN network through the Service.|
|Citrix Secure Workspace Access||Time users can access their SaaS or internal web app through the Service.|
|Citrix Virtual Apps service||Time users can access their app or desktop session through the Service.|
|Citrix Virtual Desktops service||Time users can access their app or desktop session through the Service.|
|Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops service||Time users can access their app or desktop session through the Service.|
|Citrix Workspace||Same as above for component services, but includes availability for each. Credits may be prorated if a claim relates to less than all components.|
|Citrix Wrike||Time users can access and use the service.|
Service Commitment and Remedies
In the event Citrix fails to meet the Service Commitment in at least 3 out of any 5 consecutive months on or after the SLA Effective Date, the exclusive remedy is a 10% Service credit on a month-for-month basis, for those months that Citrix fails to meet the Service Commitment, applied to Customer’s next annual Service extension in the immediate renewal period for the same Service and same number of units as impacted.
- Monthly Uptime Percentage: < 99.9%
- Service Credit: 10% off for applicable months (presented to the Customer as a voucher)
To receive the above remedy, the customer must be in compliance with the EUSA and the failure must be reported by the customer within thirty (30) days of the end of the last month of the consecutive five-month period for which a credit claim is to be made. For instructions to report possible violations of this SLA, see CTX237141.
The request must identify the Service(s), define the dates, times and durations of Unavailability, along with supporting logs or records that corroborate the Unavailability, and identify the affected users and their locations, as well any technical support requested or remediation implemented. Only one service credit will be issued per Service, for the applicable number of months, with a maximum of a single 10% service credit for all months of the extension. Customer must present the voucher upon purchase of the extension.
If you purchase the extension through a reseller, you will receive a credit through the reseller. The credit we apply for a direct purchase, or pass to your reseller for an indirect purchase, will be based on the pro-rated, blended suggested retail price of the extension for the same number of units. Citrix does not control resale pricing or resale credits. Credits do not include a right of offset on payments due to Citrix or a reseller. Citrix will occasionally update these terms. When updates occur, Citrix will also revise the publication date at the top of the Service Level Agreement. Any changes apply only to your new Service purchases or Service extensions on or after the current publication date.