Install Cloud Connectors from the command line
You can install the Citrix Cloud Connector software interactively or use silent or automated installation.
During installation, the Cloud Connector requires access to the cloud to authenticate the user performing the installation, validate the installer’s permission(s), and download and configure the services the Cloud Connector provides. The installation occurs with the privileges of the user who initiates it.
Using the same installer for repeated installations over a period of time is not recommended. Download a new Cloud Connector from the Resource Locations page in the Citrix Cloud Japan console.
Use Start /Wait CWCConnector.exe /parameter:value to examine potential error codes in the case of a failure. This can be done using the standard mechanism of running echo %ErrorLevel% after the installation completes.
To use the command line with Citrix Cloud Japan, you need to supply the following information:
- The customer ID of the Citrix Cloud Japan account for which you are installing the Cloud Connector. This ID appears at the top of the API Access tab in Identity and Access Management.
- The client ID and secret of the secure API client you want to use to install the Cloud Connector. To acquire these values, you must first create a secure client. The client ID and secret ensures your access to the Citrix Cloud API is secured appropriately. When you create a secure client, the client operates with the same level of administrator permissions that you have. For example, if you are a Full Access administrator, the secure client that you create also has Full access permissions.
- The resource location ID for the resource location that you want to associate with the Cloud Connector. To retrieve this value, select the ID button located beneath the resource location name on the Resource Locations page. If you don’t supply this value, Citrix Cloud Japan uses the ID of the default resource location.
Create a secure client
When creating a secure client, Citrix Cloud Japan generates a unique client ID and secret. You must supply these values when you invoke the API through the command line.
- From the Citrix Cloud Japan menu, select Identity and Access Management and then select API Access.
- From the Secure Clients tab, enter a name for your client and select Create Client. Citrix Cloud Japan generates and displays a client ID and secret for the secure client.
- Select Download to download the client ID and secret as a CSV file and store it in a secure location. Alternatively, select Copy to manually acquire each value. When finished, select Close to return to the console.
To retrieve a list of supported parameters, run CWCConnector /?.
- /Customer: Required. The customer ID appears on the API Access page in the Citrix Cloud Japan console.
- /ClientId: Required. The client ID of the secure client that you want to use to install the Cloud Connector. The client ID appears in the ID column for the secure client on the API Access page.
- /ClientSecret: Required. The client secret for the secure client that you want to use. The client secret is generated when you create the secure client and is not displayed on the API Access page. You can retrieve this value from the CSV file that you downloaded when you created the client.
- /ResourceLocationId: Required. The unique identifier for an existing resource location. If you don’t specify this value, Citrix Cloud Japan uses the ID of the default resource location.
- /AcceptTermsOfService: Required. The default value is Yes.
Sample command line with all required parameters
CWCConnector.exe /q /Customer:*Customer* /ClientId:*ClientId* /ClientSecret:*ClientSecret* /ResourceLocationId:*ResourceLocationId* /AcceptTermsOfService:*true*
Installation logs are located at %LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp\CitrixLogs\CloudServicesSetup.
Additionally, logs are added to %ProgramData%\Citrix\WorkspaceCloud\InstallLogs after installation.
- 1603 - An unexpected error occured.
- 2 - A prerequiste check failed.
- 0 - Installation completed successfully.