Choose a migration policy
When a user first logs on after Profile Management is enabled, no Citrix user profile for them exists. But you can migrate their existing Windows user profile “on the fly” during logon. Decide which existing profile (roaming, local, or both) is copied and used in all further processing.
- Under Profile Management, open the Profile handling folder.
- Double-click the Migration of existing profiles policy.
- Select Enabled.
- Select one of the following options from the drop-down list:
- Local. Use this setting if you are migrating local profiles.
- Local and Roaming. Use this setting if you are migrating local and roaming profiles (including Remote Desktop Services profiles, formerly known as Terminal Services profiles).
- Roaming. Use this setting if you are migrating roaming profiles or Remote Desktop Services profiles.
If Migration of existing profiles is not configured here, the value from the .ini file is used. If this setting is not configured here or in the .ini file, existing local and roaming profiles are migrated. If this setting is disabled, no profile is migrated. If this setting is disabled and no Citrix user profile exists in the user store, the existing Windows mechanism for creating profiles is used as in a setup without Profile Management.
For your changes to take effect, run the gpupdate /force command from the command prompt as documented at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb490983.aspx.