The following issues are known at this release:
- When upgrading, you must uninstall Citrix Provisioning server 1808 before installing Citrix Provisioning server version 1811.
- After performing a silent install of a Citrix Provisioning client, subsequent upgrades using the Upgrade Wizard fail because the client fails to reboot. [#PVS-2264]
- When using the Citrix Provisioning Setup Wizard to create VMs on a XenServer host while specifying 1 VCPU, the VM is created with 1 VCPU and a topology of 2 cores per socket. Creating VMs in this fashion prevents the VM from booting, while displaying the following error message in XenCenter: “The value ‘VCPU_max must be a multiple of this field’ is invalid for field ‘platforms:cores-per-socket’. As a result, XenCenter fails to boot the VM because the topology and VCPU configuration are incompatible. [#PVS-1126]
- The Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop Setup Wizard creates targets then boots them to format the cache drive. This process occurs quickly. Sometimes, a VDA reaches a state where it fails to shut down correctly because it’s initializing while the Citrix Provisioning Device Service simultaneously finishes formatting the cache drive then shuts down the target. To resolve this issue, in the vDisk registry key, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\CitrixProvisioning, create a DWORD called “RebootDelaySec”. Set an arbitrary value, delay-to-shutdown, in seconds using a decimal value. [#HDX-14474]
- When booting Windows 10 1809/Windows Server 2019 on Citrix Hypervisor or ESX using Cache on device hard disk or Cache in device RAM with overflow on hard disk, Windows displays a pagefile message or a Performance Options interface. Using these settings creates a known issue with Windows 1809.
- When using the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Setup Wizard, the default VDA level is 7_9 even though there is a 7_20 VDA level. This behavior is the same in the Machine Creation Wizard in Studio. Also, the VDA level 7_20 in Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Setup Wizard is the same as the VDA level in Studio version 1811.