This release of Citrix Provisioning includes a new wizard in the provisioning console used to export devices to the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Delivery Controller. It also contains support for Citrix Hypervisor 8.0 and introduces accelerated Microsoft office activation. Numerous fixes and enhancements are also part of this release. See the fixed and known issues for additional information about this release of Citrix Provisioning.
Use the most recent version of the Citrix License Server for the latest features. If you are upgrading from an existing version to the newest version, the most recent version of the license server is available by using the product software. When you do not upgrade to the latest version of the license server, the product license enters the 30-day grace period. For more information, see Licensing.
Citrix Provisioning devices export wizard
The devices export wizard exports existing provisioned devices to the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Delivery Controller. This wizard augments the existing import functionality from Studio’s machine creation wizard in Citrix Cloud implementations. For more information, see Using the Export Devices Wizard.
The devices export wizard is the preferred method for adding existing devices in your Citrix Provisioning farm to a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Delivery Controller.
Support for Citrix Hypervisor 8.0
This release provides experimental support for UEFI virtual machine provisioning on Citrix Hypervisor 8.0. Citrix Hypervisor is the complete server virtualization platform from Citrix, you can use to create and manage a deployment of virtual x86 computers running on Xen. See the Citrix Hypervisor documentation for more information.
Consider the following when using this functionality:
- Windows guest operating system UEFI boot on a provisioned virtual machine is an experimental feature. For more information, see Experimental features.
- Known limitations include:
- UEFI VM with NVRAM.
- Citrix Provisioning Accelerator with UEFI VM on Citrix Hypervisor 8.0.
Accelerated Microsoft office activation
With this release of Citrix Provisioning, an administrator can force the immediate activation of a Microsoft Office license once a system starts up. In previous releases, Key Management Service (KMS) Microsoft Office activation did not complete before a user logs in to the VM. This delay resulted in users encountering licensing warning messages, which led users to believe that they were not using a licensed version of Microsoft Office.
To access this new feature:
- use Microsoft Volume Licensing tab in the virtual disk Properties screen. Click the Key Management Service (KMS) radio button, then click the Accelerated Office Activation check box. Select OK to apply the configuration change to the virtual disk.
- use the Citrix Provisioning Imaging Wizard. In the Microsoft Volume Licensing screen, click the appropriate license management option for the virtual disk. Click the Key Management Service (KMS) radio button, then click the Accelerated Office Activation check box. Select Next to apply the configuration change to the virtual disk and continue configuring the virtual disk.
How do I?
Use the How Do I? page in the Citrix Knowledge Center for additional information related to configuration, networking, antivirus, or hypervisor related procedures. These pages are purpose-built to help resolve problems arising from the use of Citrix Provisioning.