This topic applies only to deployments using Web Interface. Smart card authentication is not supported in Receiver for Linux deployments using StoreFront.
Receiver for Linux provides support for a number of smart card readers. If smart card support is enabled for both the server and Receiver, you can use smart cards for the following purposes:
- Smart card logon authentication. Use smart cards to authenticate users to Citrix XenApp servers.
- Smart card application support. Enable smart card-aware published applications to access local smart card devices.
Smart card data is security-sensitive and should be transmitted over a secure authenticated channel such as SSL/TLS.
Smart card support has the following prerequisites:
- Your smart card readers and published applications must be PC/SC industry standard compliant
- You must install the appropriate driver for your smart card reader
- You must install the PC/SC Lite package (including the Resource Manager daemon and shared library), available for download from http://www.linuxnet.com/
If you are using the SunRay terminal with SunRay server software Version 2.0 or above, you must install the PC/SC SRCOM bypass package, available for download from http://www.sun.com/
For more information on configuring smart card support on your servers, see the XenDesktop and XenApp documentation.