This release of Citrix
Receiver for Mac contains a single installation package, CitrixReceiver.dmg,
and supports remote access through NetScaler Gateway, Access Gateway, and
Receiver can be installed by a user from the Citrix website, automatically from Receiver for Web or from Web Interface, or by using an Electronic Software Distribution (ESD) tool.
By a user from Citrix.com:
- A first-time Receiver user who obtains Receiver from Citrix.com or your own download site can set up an account by entering an email address instead of a server URL. Receiver determines the NetScaler Gateway or StoreFront server associated with the email address and then prompts the user to log on and continue the installation. This feature is referred to as email-based account discovery.
A first-time user is a user who does not have Receiver installed on their user device.
- Email-based account discovery for a first-time user does not apply if Receiver is downloaded from a location other than Citrix.com (such as a Receiver for Web site).
- If your site requires the configuration of Receiver, use an alternate deployment method.
Automatically from Receiver for Web or from Web Interface
- A first-time Receiver user can set up an account by entering a server URL or by downloading a provisioning file.
Using an Electronic Software Distribution (ESD) tool
- A first-time Receiver user must enter a server URL to set up an account.
Installing Receiver for Mac manually
Users can install Receiver from the Web Interface, a network share, or directly on to the user device by downloading the CitrixReceiver.dmg file from the Citrix Web site, at http://www.citrix.com.
To install Receiver for Mac
- Download the .dmg file for the version of Receiver you want to install from the Citrix Web site and open it.
- On the Introduction page, click Continue.
- On the License page, click Continue.
- Click Agree to accept the terms of the License Agreement.
- On the Installation Type page, click Install.
- Enter the username and password of an administrator on the local device.
Upgrading to Receiver for Mac 12.2
Upgrades are supported from versions 11.x of the Online Plug-in for Mac. You can also upgrade from versions 11.3, 11.4, 11.5, 11.6,11.7.x, 11.8.x, 11.9.x, 12.0, 12.1, 12.1.100 of Receiver for Mac.
ShareFile integration is removed from version 11.8. If you integrated Receiver for Mac with ShareFile, when upgrading you are prompted to download the ShareFile application so that you can continue to access your remote data.
About deploying and configuring Receiver for Mac
For deployments with StoreFront:
- A best practice is to configure NetScaler Gateway and StoreFront 3.x as described in the documentation for those products on the Netscaler Gateway and StoreFront documentation. Attach the provisioning file created by StoreFront to an email and inform users how to upgrade and how to open the provisioning file after installing Receiver.
- As an alternative to using a provisioning file, tell users to enter either the URL of a NetScaler Gateway. If you have configured email-based account discovery as described in the StoreFront documentation, tell users to enter their email address.
- Another method is to configure a Receiver for Web site as described in the StoreFront documentation. Inform users how to upgrade Receiver, access the Receiver for Web site, and download the provisioning file from the Receiver for Web interface (click the user name and then click Activate).
For deployments with Web Interface:
- Upgrade your Web Interface site with Receiver for Mac 12.2 and let your users know how to upgrade Receiver. You can, for example, provide users with installation captions on their Messages screen to let them know they need to upgrade to the latest version of Receiver.
Deploying Receiver from Receiver for Web
You can deploy Receiver from Receiver for Web to ensure that users have it installed before they try to connect to an application from a browser. Receiver for Web sites enable users to access StoreFront stores through a Web page. If the Receiver for Web site detects that a user does not have a compatible version of Receiver, the user is prompted to download and install Receiver. For more information, see the StoreFront documentation.
Deploying Receiver from a Web Interface logon screen
This feature is available only for XenDesktop and XenApp releases that support Web Interface.
You can deploy Receiver from a web page to ensure that users have it installed before they try to use the Web Interface. The Web Interface provides a client detection and deployment process that detects which Citrix clients can be deployed within the user's environment and then guides them through the deployment procedure.
You can configure the client detection and deployment process to run automatically when users access a XenApp website. If the Web Interface detects that a user does not have compatible version of Receiver, the user is prompted to download and install Receiver.
For more information, refer to Configuring Client Deployment in the Web Interface documentation.
Removing Receiver for Mac
You can uninstall Receiver manually by opening the CitrixReceiver.dmg file, selecting Uninstall Citrix Receiver, and following the on-screen instructions.