This release of Citrix Receiver for Mac contains a single installation package, CitrixReceiver.dmg, and supports remote access through NetScaler Gateway, and Secure Gateway.
Citrix Receiver for Mac can be installed by a user from the Citrix website, automatically from Receiver for Web or from Web Interface, or by using an Electronic Software Distribution (ESD) tool.
By a user from Citrix.com:
- A first-time Citrix Receiver for Mac user who obtains Citrix Receiver for Mac from Citrix.com or your own download site can set up an account by entering an email address instead of a server URL. Citrix Receiver for Mac determines the NetScaler Gateway or StoreFront server associated with the email address and then prompts the user to log on and continue the installation. This feature is referred to as email-based account discovery.
- Email-based account discovery for a first-time user does not apply if Citrix Receiver for Mac is downloaded from a location other than Citrix.com (such as a Receiver for Web site).
- If your site requires the configuration of Receiver, use an alternate deployment method.
Automatically from Receiver for Web or from Web Interface
- A first-time Citrix Receiver for Mac user can set up an account by entering a server URL or by downloading a provisioning file.
Using an Electronic Software Distribution (ESD) tool
- A first-time Citrix Receiver for Mac user must enter a server URL to set up an account.
Users can install Citrix Receiver for Mac from the Web Interface, a network share, or directly on to the user device by downloading the CitrixReceiver.dmg file from the Citrix Web site, at http://www.citrix.com.
To install Citrix Receiver for Mac
- Download the .dmg file for the version of Citrix Receiver for Mac you want to install from the Citrix Web site and open it.
- On the Introduction page, click Continue.
- On the License page, click Continue.
- Click Agree to accept the terms of the License Agreement.
- On the Installation Type page, click Install.
- Enter the username and password of an administrator on the local device.
Upgrades are supported from versions 11.x of the Online Plug-in for Mac. You can upgrade Citrix Receiver for Mac from any of the previous versions of Citrix Receiver for Mac.
For deployments with StoreFront:
- A best practice is to configure NetScaler Gateway and StoreFront 3.x as described in the documentation for those products on the Netscaler Gateway and StoreFront documentation. Attach the provisioning file created by StoreFront to an email and inform users how to upgrade and how to open the provisioning file after installing Citrix Receiver for Mac.
- As an alternative to using a provisioning file, tell users to enter either the URL of a NetScaler Gateway. If you have configured email-based account discovery as described in the StoreFront documentation, tell users to enter their email address.
- Another method is to configure a Receiver for Web site as described in the StoreFront documentation. Inform users how to upgrade Citrix Receiver for Mac, access the Receiver for Web site, and download the provisioning file from the Receiver for Web interface (click the user name and then click Activate).
For deployments with Web Interface:
- Upgrade your Web Interface site with Receiver for Mac 12.4 and let your users know how to upgrade Citrix Receiver for Mac. You can, for example, provide users with installation captions on their Messages screen to let them know they need to upgrade to the latest version of Citrix Receiver for Mac.
You can deploy Citrix Receiver for Mac from Receiver for Web to ensure that users have it installed before they try to connect to an application from a browser. Receiver for Web sites enable users to access StoreFront stores through a Web page. If the Receiver for Web site detects that a user does not have a compatible version of Citrix Receiver for Mac, the user is prompted to download and install Citrix Receiver for Mac. For more information, see the StoreFront documentation.
This feature is available only for XenDesktop and XenApp releases that support Web Interface.
You can deploy Citrix Receiver for Mac from a web page to ensure that users have it installed before they try to use the Web Interface. The Web Interface provides a client detection and deployment process that detects which Citrix clients can be deployed within the user's environment and then guides them through the deployment procedure.
You can configure the client detection and deployment process to run automatically when users access a XenApp website. If the Web Interface detects that a user does not have compatible version of Receiver, the user is prompted to download and install Receiver.
For more information,see Configuring Client Deployment in the Web Interface documentation.
You can uninstall Citrix Receiver for Mac manually by opening the CitrixReceiver.dmg file, select Uninstall Citrix Receiver, and follow the on-screen instructions.