System requirements and compatibility
- This version of Citrix Receiver for Windows requires a minimum of 500MB free disk space and 1GB RAM.
- .NET Framework minimum requirements
- NET 3.5 Service Pack 1 is required by the Self-Service plug-in, which allows users to subscribe to and launch desktops and applications from the Receiver user interface or from a command line. For more information, see Configure and install Receiver for Windows using command-line parameters.
- The .NET 2.0 Service Pack 1 and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package are required.
Citrix Receiver for Windows Version 4.9 is compatible with the following Windows operating systems and web browsers. It is also compatible with all currently supported versions of XenApp, XenDesktop, and NetScaler Gateway as listed in the Citrix Product Lifecycle Matrix.
The NetScaler Gateway End Point Analysis Plug-in (EPA) does not support native Citrix Receiver for Windows.
|Windows 10 32-bit and 64-bit editions |
|Windows 10 IoT Enterprise |
|Windows 8.1, 32-bit and 64-bit editions (including Embedded edition)|
|Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit editions (including Embedded edition)|
|Windows Thin PC|
|Windows Server 2016|
|Windows Server 2012 R2, Standard and Datacenter editions|
|Windows Server 2012, Standard and Datacenter editions|
|Windows Server 2008 R2, 64-bit edition|
 Supports Windows 10 Anniversary Update, Creators Update, Falls Creators Update, April 2018 Update (Version 1803), October 2018 Update (Version 1809), and May 2019 Update (Version 1903).  Supports Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2015 LTSB, Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2016 LTSB, Anniversary Update, Creators Update, Falls Creators Update.
|Latest Google Chrome (requires StoreFront)|
|Latest Mozilla Firefox|
- May 2019 Update (Version 1903) is supported only on Receiver for Windows Version 4.9 CU7 and later.
- October 2018 Update(Version 1809) is supported only on Receiver for Windows Version 4.9 CU5 and later.
- April 2018 Update is supported only on Receiver for Windows Version 4.9 CU3 and later.
- Falls Creators Update is supported only on Receiver for Windows Version 4.9 CU1 and later. Receiver for Windows Version 4.9 does not support it.
|Operating systems supported on touch-enabled devices||Operating systems supported on VDAs|
|Windows 10||Windows 10|
|Windows 8||Windows 8|
|Windows 7||Windows 7|
|Windows 2012 R2|
|Windows Server 2016|
|Windows Server 2008 R2|