- What's new
- System requirements
- Technical overview
Install and configure
Prepare to install
- Microsoft Azure Resource Manager virtualization environments
- Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager virtualization environments
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager environments
- VMware virtualization environments
- Nutanix virtualization environments
- Microsoft Azure virtualization environments
- Install core components
- Install VDAs
- Install using the command line
- Install VDAs using scripts
- Create a Site
- Create machine catalogs
- Manage machine catalogs
- Create Delivery Groups
- Manage Delivery Groups
- Create Application Groups
- Manage Application Groups
- Remote PC Access
- XenApp Secure Browser
- Publish content
- Server VDI
- Personal vDisk
- Remove components
- Prepare to install
- Upgrade and migrate
- Security considerations and best practices
- Integrate XenApp and XenDesktop with NetScaler Gateway
- Delegated Administration
- Smart cards
- Transport Layer Security (TLS)
- Federated Authentication Service
- General content redirection
- Work with policies
- Policy templates
- Create policies
- Compare, prioritize, model, and troubleshoot policies
- Default policy settings
Policy settings reference
- ICA policy settings
- Load management policy settings
- Profile management policy settings
- Receiver policy settings
- Virtual Delivery Agent policy settings
- Virtual IP policy settings
- Configure COM Port and LPT Port Redirection settings using the registry
- Connector for Configuration Manager 2012 policy settings
- Connections and resources
- Local Host Cache
- Connection leasing
- Virtual IP and virtual loopback
- Delivery Controllers
- VDA registration
- Use Search in Studio
- IPv4/IPv6 support
- User profiles
- Citrix Insight Services
- Get started with Session Recording
- Install, upgrade, and uninstall Session Recording
- Configure Session Recording
- Grant access rights to users
- Create and activate recording policies
- Create notification messages
- Disable or enable recording
- Enable or disable live session playback and playback protection
- Enable and disable digital signing
- Specify where recordings are stored
- Specify file size for recordings
- Log administration activities
- Install Session Recording with database high availability
- View recordings
- Troubleshoot Session Recording
- Manage your database records
- Configuration Logging
- Event logs
- Session Recording
- Advanced configuration
- Monitor deployments
- Alerts and notifications
- Delegated Administration and Director
- Secure Director deployment
- Configure permissions for VDAs earlier than XenDesktop 7
- Configure network analysis
- Troubleshoot user issues
- Troubleshoot applications
- Troubleshoot machines
- Feature compatibility matrix
- Data granularity and retention
- SDKs and APIs
- Citrix VDI Best Practices for XenApp and XenDesktop 7.15 LTSR
Cumulative Update 2 (CU2)
XenApp and XenDesktop 7.15 LTSR Cumulative Update 2 (CU2) fixes more than 150 issues reported since the release of 7.15 LTSR CU1.
How do I deploy CU2 from scratch?
You can set up a brand-new XenApp and XenDesktop environment based on CU2 - using the CU2 metainstaller. Before you do that, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the product:
Peruse the XenApp and XenDesktop 7.15 LTSR (initial release) section and pay close attention to the Technical Overview, Install and Configure, and Securitysections before you start planning your deployment. Ensure your setup meets the system requirements for all components.
What do I update?
CU2 provides updates to baseline components of the 7.15 LTSR. Remember: Citrix recommends that you update all LTSR components of your deployment to CU2. For example: If Provisioning Services is part of your LTSR deployment, update the Provisioning Services components to CU2. If Provisioning Services is not part of your deployment, you do not need to install or update it.
|7.15 LTSR Baseline Component||Version||Notes|
|VDA for Desktop OS||7.15.2000|
|VDA for Server OS||7.15.2000|
|Group Policy Management Experience||3.1.2000|
|Universal Print Server||7.15.2000|
|Session Recording||7.15.2000||Platinum Edition only|
|Linux VDA||7.15.2000||See the Linux VDA documentation for supported platforms|
|Federated Authentication Service||7.15.2000|
The following components are recommended for use in 7.15 LTSR environments. These components are not eligible for the LTSR benefits (extended lifecycle and fix-only cumulative updates). Citrix might ask you to upgrade to a newer version of these components within your 7.15 LTSR environments.
|7.15 LTSR CU2 Compatible Components and Platforms||Version|
|Citrix SCOM Management Pack for License Server||1.2|
|Citrix SCOM Management Pack for Provisioning Services||1.19|
|Citrix SCOM Management Pack for StoreFront||1.13|
|Citrix SCOM Management Pack for XenApp and XenDesktop||3.14|
|HDX RealTime Optimization Pack||2.4|
|License Server||18.104.22.168 Build 23101|
|Self-Service Password Reset||22.214.171.124|
|Workspace Environment Management||4.6|
For ease of maintenance, and to ensure optimal performance, Citrix recommends that you upgrade to the latest version of Citrix Receiver any time it becomes available. The latest versions are available for download at downloads. For your convenience, consider subscribing to the Citrix Receiver RSS feed to receive a notification when a new version of Citrix Receiver becomes available.
Citrix Receiver is not eligible for the XenApp and XenDesktop LTSR benefits (extended lifecycle and fix-only cumulative updates). Citrix may ask you to upgrade to a newer version of Citrix Receiver within your 7.15 LTSR environments. For Citrix Receiver for Windows, Citrix has announced a special LTSR program. More information on that program is available on the Lifecycle Milestones for Citrix Receiver page.
Specifically, 7.15 LTSR CU2 supports the following versions of Citrix Receiver and all later versions.
|7.15 LTSR CU2 Compatible Version of Citrix Receiver||Version|
|Citrix Receiver for Android||3.13.5 or later|
|Citrix Receiver for Chrome||2.6.5 or later|
|Citrix Receiver for HTML5||2.6.5 or later|
|Citrix Receiver for iOS||7.5.3 or later|
|Citrix Receiver for Linux||13.9.1 or later|
|Citrix Receiver for Mac||12.9 or later|
|Citrix Receiver for Universal Windows Platform (UWP)||1.0.5 or later|
|Citrix Receiver for Windows||4.9 or later|
The following features, components, and platforms are not eligible for 7.15 LTSR lifecycle milestones and benefits. Specifically, cumulative updates and extended lifecycle benefits are excluded. Updates to excluded features and components are available through regular current releases.
|StoreFront Citrix Online Integration|
|Personal vDisk: Excluded for Windows 10 machines; For Windows 7 machines, limited LTSR support until January 14, 2020 (CU requirements apply)|
|Excluded Windows Platforms *|
|Windows 2008 32-bit (for Universal Print Server)|
* Citrix reserves the right to update platform support based on third-party vendors’ lifecycle milestones.
When you use the full-product installer to deploy or upgrade XenApp or XenDesktop components, anonymous information about the installation process is gathered and stored on the machine where you are installing/upgrading the component. This data is used to help Citrix improve its customers’ installation experiences. For more information, see http://more.citrix.com/XD-INSTALLER.
The XenApp 6.5 migration process helps you more efficiently and quickly transition from a XenApp 6.5 farm to a Site running XenApp 7.15 LTSR CU2. This is helpful in deployments that contain large numbers of applications and Citrix group policies, lowering the risk of inadvertently introducing errors when manually moving applications and Citrix group policies to the new XenApp Site.
After you install the XenApp 7.15 LTSR CU2 core components and create a Site, the migration process follows this sequence:
- Run the XenApp 7.15 CU2 installer on each XenApp 6.5 worker, which automatically upgrades it to a new Virtual Delivery Agent for Server OS for use in the new Site.
- Run PowerShell export cmdlets on a XenApp 6.5 controller, which exports application and Citrix policy settings to XML files.
- Edit the XML files, if desired, to refine what you want to import to the new Site. By tailoring the files, you can import policy and application settings into your XenApp 7.15 LTSR CU2 Site in stages: some now and others later.
- Run PowerShell import cmdlets on the new XenApp 7.15 CU2 Controller, which import settings from the XML files to the new XenApp Site.
Reconfigure the new Site as needed, and then test it.
For more information, see Migrate XenApp 6.x.
Cumulative Update 2 (CU2)
In this article
- About this release
- New deployments
- Existing deployments
- XenApp and XenDesktop 7.15 LTSR CU2 baseline components
- XenApp and XenDesktop 7.15 LTSR CU2 compatible components
- Compatible versions of Citrix Receiver
- XenApp and XenDesktop 7.15 LTSR notable exclusions
- Install and upgrade analytics
- XenApp 6.5 migration