What’s new in App Layering 4 1812
This release includes the following features and improvements.
- Hyper-V connector supports OS import: Until now, you needed to copy your OS image to the Network File Share for import into an OS Layer. You can now use the Hyper-V connector configuration to import the OS. (UNI-53490)
- Clone App layers: You can clone an App layer to produce another layer with the same properties. A cloned layer works like any other layer. (UNI-51485)
- Improved performance of Nutanix connector: Performance improvements were made to the Nutanix connector. The connector uses caching more effectively and decreases App layer Version creation times. (UNI-67742)
- Second network card can be used with PVS: With this release a second NIC can now be added to the Platform Layer for images published to PVS. (UNI-65760)
- Privileges are now checked for VMware vSphere connector configuration: When you create or edit a vSphere connector configuration, privileges on the user account are verified when you select the TEST or SAVE buttons. (UNI-48176)
Labs features in this release
Labs features are previews of potential functionality for future releases. While a feature is in Labs, you should not use it in production. There is no guarantee that Labs feature will remain in the product, nor that the feature will work as originally designed if and when they are released.
The Labs features available in this release include the following:
App layers can be assigned as Elastic layers on layered images that use a different OS layer: Until now, Elastic layer assignments required that the App layer assigned use the same OS layer that was used to create the App layer. Now you can try assigning an App layer as an Elastic layer on a layered image that uses a different OS layer.
There is no guarantee that an App layer will work on a different OS layer than the one used to create it. If there are issues, you can disable this feature and allow the App layer to be used only with the OS that you used to create the layer.
To use a Labs feature, you need to enable the feature first.
For information about platforms supported by Citrix App Layering, see System requirements.
You can upgrade from any previous Citrix App Layering 4.x version to the current release.