What’s new in App Layering 1905
This release includes the following features and improvements.
- Support for the following new hypervisor, connection broker, and provisioning software versions:
- Citrix Hypervisor version 8.0
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops version 7 1903
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops version 7.15 LTSR CU4
- Citrix Provisioning version 1903
Support for Windows Server 2019 used as an OS Layer.
Customers can now use Microsoft Office 2019 as an app layer.
App Layering appliance support for secure TLS connections when sending mail via SMTP. (UNI-71875)
- The App Layering Hyper-V connector now uses a BITS server to copy files to and from the App Layering appliance. This allows progress reporting during file copy operations as a percentage complete rather than elapsed time, and not requiring a CIFS share on the Hyper-V server any longer. As part of this change, we removed corresponding configuration fields from the Hyper-V connector config page.
Labs features in this release
Labs features are previews of potential functionality for future releases. While a feature is in Labs, do not use it in production. There is no guarantee that a Labs feature will become part of the product, nor that the feature will work as originally designed if and when it is released.
The Labs features available in this release include the following:
App layers can be assigned as Elastic layers on layered images that use a different OS layer: Until now, Elastic layer assignments required that the App layer assigned use the same OS layer that was used to create the App layer. Now you can try assigning an App layer as an Elastic layer on a layered image that uses a different OS layer.
There is no guarantee that an App layer can work on a different OS layer than the one used to create it. If there are issues, you can disable this feature and allow the app layer to be used only with the OS that you used to create the layer.
To use a Labs feature, enable it first.
For information about platforms supported by Citrix App Layering, see System requirements.
For the latest fixes and features, including compatibility with other software packages that you use, we encourage you to stay current with the App Layering upgrades.
If you have chosen to stay on a version of the App Layering product released before version 19.1, see the Upgrade article for the upgrade path and the download link for the version to which you are upgrading.