Citrix Cloud Government
Citrix Cloud Government is a cloud that is isolated and separate from Citrix Cloud, allowing US government agencies and other public-sector customers to use Citrix Cloud Government services according to regulatory and compliance requirements. Citrix Cloud Government is a geographical boundary within which Citrix operates, stores, and replicates services and data for delivery of Citrix Cloud Government services. Citrix may use multiple public or private clouds located in one or more states within the US to provide services.
The Citrix Cloud Government documentation provides details on setting up your account and supported services. The Service reference section describes the differences between services and functions in Citrix Cloud Government compared to Citrix Cloud commercial regions. Where concepts and instructions for supported services are the same for both Citrix Cloud Government accounts and Citrix Cloud commercial accounts, references to the existing commercial documentation are provided.
A note about the Citrix unified product portfolio
If you’ve been a Citrix customer or partner for a while, you’ll notice new names in our products and in this product documentation. If you’re new to this Citrix product, you might see different names for a product or component. The new product and component names stem from the expanding Citrix portfolio and cloud strategy. For more detail about the Citrix unified portfolio, see the Citrix product guide.
Articles in this product documentation use the following names.
New Name Former Name Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops XenApp and XenDesktop Citrix Networking NetScaler Citrix Gateway NetScaler Gateway Citrix ADC VPX NetScaler VPX
Implementing this transition in our products and their documentation is an ongoing process.
- In-product content might still contain former names. For example, you might see instances of earlier names in console text, messages, and directory/file names.
- It is possible that some items (such as commands and MSIs) might continue to retain their former names to prevent breaking existing customer scripts.
- Related product documentation and other resources (such as videos and blog posts) that are linked from this product’s documentation might still contain former names. Your patience during this transition is appreciated.
- Virtual Apps and Desktops service (formerly XenApp and XenDesktop Service)
- Endpoint Management (formerly XenMobile Service)
Third Party Notifications
Citrix Cloud Government may include third party software licensed under the terms defined in the Third Party Notices documents for the platform and supported services. For more information, refer to Citrix Cloud Third Party Notifications.