When your organization is onboarded to Citrix Cloud and you sign in for the first time, you are asked to choose one of the following regions:
- United States
- European Union
- Asia Pacific South
Pick a region that maps to where the majority of your users and resources will be located.
Important: You can choose a region only once, when you organization is onboarded. You cannot change your region later.
Types of data stored in regions
Your region is where certain metadata is stored about your environment. For example:
- Citrix Cloud administrator details, including the name, username, and password.
- Data resulting from traffic directed through your region by any Citrix Cloud Connectors you install. For example, any authentication data using your domain controllers (whether managed on your premises or through your subscription with a public cloud vendor) stays in your region.
- Data used to map users to library offerings. For example, if you add Microsoft Office to your library as an offering for your users, and then add five users to that offering as subscribers, the data linking each user to that offering (such as user name and domain name) is stored in your region.
- Data about users for any services available in your region. For example, if you use Endpoint Management in your region, data such as name, address, and telephone number is stored there.
Service availability in each region
All services are available in all regions. Certain services, like the Virtual Apps and Desktops service, have dedicated regional instances. However, some services are only US based.
Where a service uses a region that is different from the one you selected for your organization, certain information (such as authentication data) may be transferred between regions as needed.
Where a service is globally replicated, all data in that service is stored in all regions.
|Service||Available in US?||Available in EU?||Available in Asia Pacific South?|
|Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops service||Yes *||Yes *||Yes *|
|Citrix Virtual Desktops Essentials||Yes *||Yes *||Yes *|
|Citrix Virtual Apps Essentials||Yes *||Yes *||Yes *|
|Secure Browser Service||Yes *||Yes *||Yes *|
|Citrix Workspace||Yes *||Yes *||Yes *|
|Citrix Endpoint Management||Yes **||Yes **||Yes **|
|Citrix Content Collaboration||Yes ***||Yes ***||No - Select from US or EU **|
|Citrix App Layering||Yes||No (Uses US region)||No (Uses US region)|
|Citrix Smart Tools||Yes||No (Uses US region)||No (Uses US region)|
|Citrix Labs Services||Yes||No (Uses US region)||No (Uses US region)|
|Networking services||Yes||No (Uses US region)||No (Uses US region)|
|License Usage Insights (CSPs only)||Globally replicated||Globally replicated||Globally replicated|
|Citrix Gateway Access Nodes/POP||Multiple WW nodes; traffic routed as needed to ensure the best experience||Multiple WW nodes; traffic routed as needed to ensure the best experience||Multiple WW nodes; traffic routed as needed to ensure the best experience|
* Service uses the Citrix Cloud region.
** Select from multiple locations across multiple regions. See below.
*** StorageZone can be selected from multiple locations. See below.
For more information about the data stored by individual services, refer to the Technical Security Overview for each service.
Endpoint Management service locations
You can select one of the following Endpoint Management service locations from your home region:
- US East
- US West
- EU West
- SE Asia
Content Collaboration locations and StorageZones
When setting up a Content Collaboration account in Citrix Cloud, you can select a region in the US or the EU. Your Content Collaboration region is separate from your Citrix Cloud home region. However, like the Citrix Cloud home region, you cannot change the Content Collaboration region after setting up your Content Collaboration account.
For Content Collaboration accounts created within Citrix Cloud, your default StorageZone is initially in the US region.
For ShareFile Enterprise accounts created outside of Citrix Cloud, your StorageZone is located in the region you select, either the US or EU. Linking to Citrix Cloud does not change your selection.
After your Content Collaboration account is set up, you can enable and disable StorageZones around the world including choosing a new default zone. You can also specify a default specific to individual users or folders based on the StorageZones that are turned on in the Content Collaboration management console. You can choose from the following locations:
- European Union
- United States - East
- United States - West
- United States - Northwest
- Are there performance impacts if I’m in one region and use a service in another region? Citrix Cloud Services are designed to be used on a global basis. For example, customers in the US that have users and Cloud Connectors in Australia will see minimal impact from latency.
- If I’m not in the US or EMEA, can I still use Citrix Cloud? Yes, you can simply pick the region that is either closest to the majority of your users or that provides the best controls for protecting the integrity of your data.