Create a resource location
After you sign up for Citrix Cloud Japan, continue setting up your account by creating a resource location.
What is a resource location?
A resource location contains the compute and network resources required to deliver services to your users. The resources that your resource location contains depends on the services you want to deliver. For example, if you plan to deliver applications and desktops through Citrix DaaS (formerly Virtual Apps and Desktops service), your resource location might include the following components:
- An Active Directory domain to authenticate and authorize users who want to access applications and desktops.
- One or more Virtual Delivery Agents (VDAs) to manage the connection between the machines hosting the applications and desktops that you want to deliver and the devices used to access those resources.
- A supported hypervisor or cloud service, like Citrix XenServer or Microsoft Azure, to provision the virtual machines that deliver applications and desktops.
Default resource locations
If you have no resource locations in your Citrix Cloud Japan account and you install Cloud Connectors in your domain, the resource location that Citrix Cloud Japan creates becomes the default resource location. You can have only one default resource location in your account. If needed, you can create additional resource locations in Citrix Cloud Japan and then select the one you want when you install Cloud Connectors in other domains.
Alternatively, you can first create the resource locations you need in the console, before you install Cloud Connectors in your domains. The Cloud Connector installer prompts you to select the resource location you want during installation.
Task 1: Prepare machines
- Review Citrix Cloud Connector requirements for requirements, important considerations, supported Active Directory functional levels, and troubleshooting information.
- Prepare machines that meet the configuration requirements.
- Join the prepared machines to your domain.
Task 2: Verify connectivity
Connecting to the Internet from your data centers requires opening port 443 to outbound connections. However, to operate within environments containing an Internet proxy server or firewall restrictions, further configuration might be needed.
- Review Connectivity requirements for a list of contactable addresses for available services.
- Ensure port 443 (HTTPS) is open for outbound connections.
- Ensure that the required addresses can be contacted so you can operate and consume cloud services.
- Review Citrix Cloud Connector proxy and firewall configuration for information about using the Cloud Connector with a web proxy.
Task 3: Install Cloud Connectors
Connector Appliance is not available for Citrix Cloud Japan.
During installation, the Cloud Connector requires access to the cloud to authenticate the user performing the installation, validate the installer’s permissions, and download and configure the services that the Cloud Connector provides. The installation occurs with the privileges of the user who initiates the install.
- From the Citrix Cloud Japan menu, select Resource Locations.
- Click Download to download the Cloud Connector installer.
- Double-click the installer. Citrix Cloud Japan performs an initial connectivity check and prompts you for your Citrix Cloud Japan administrator user name and password.
- Follow the wizard to install and configure the Cloud Connector. When the installation finishes, Citrix Cloud Japan performs a final connectivity check to verify that the Cloud Connector can communicate with Citrix Cloud Japan.
After installation, Citrix Cloud Japan registers your domain in Identity and Access Management.
- If you’re an administrator for multiple organization accounts, Citrix Cloud Japan prompts you to select the account you want to associate with the Cloud Connector.
- If your organization account has multiple resource locations already, Citrix Cloud Japan prompts you to select the resource location you want to associate with the Cloud Connector.
- Using the same Cloud Connector installer for repeated installations over a period of time is not recommended. Download a new Cloud Connector from the Resource Locations page in the Citrix Cloud console.
Create additional resource locations
- From the Citrix Cloud Japan management console, click the menu button and select Resource Locations.
- Click Resource Location and enter a friendly name.
- Click Save. Citrix Cloud Japan displays a tile for the new resource location.
- Click Cloud Connectors and then click Download to acquire the Cloud Connector software.
- On each prepared machine, install the Cloud Connector software using either the installation wizard or the command-line installation.
Cloud Connector installation logs
Cloud Connector installation logs are located at %LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp\CitrixLogs\CloudServicesSetup.
Additionally, logs are added to %ProgramData%\Citrix\WorkspaceCloud\InstallLogs after installation.