Connect through a proxy server
Proxy servers are used to limit access to and from your network, and to handle connections between Citrix Workspace app for Windows and servers. Citrix Workspace app supports SOCKS and secure proxy protocols.
When communicating with the server, Citrix Workspace app uses proxy server settings that are configured remotely on the server running Workspace for Web or the Web Interface. For information about proxy server configuration, refer to StoreFront or Web Interface documentation.
In communicating with the Web server, Citrix Workspace app uses the proxy server settings that are configured through the Internet settings of the default Web browser on the user device. You must configure the Internet settings of the default Web browser on the user device accordingly.
Configure the proxy settings using the registry editor to enforce Citrix Workspace app to honor or discard the proxy server during connections.
Editing the registry incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Citrix cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Citrix\AuthManager\
- Set the ProxyEnabled(REG_SZ) .
- True – indicates that Citrix Workspace app honors the proxy server during connections.
- False- indicates that Citrix Workspace app discards the proxy server during connections.
- Restart the Citrix Workspace app for the changes to take effect.