The following known issues exist in this release:
Attempts to use the Outlook Search index roaming feature might fail. The issue occurs when domain computers have no access permission to the VHDX files. To work around the issue, manually grant Domain Computers the full control of the folder where the VHDX files are stored. [CVADHELP-15257]
- On a Windows 10 20H2 desktop, when you configure the user store path with a !CTX_OSNAME! variable, Profile Management might create folder names on the user store with incorrect information. The following might be observed:
- For Version CU3, the new profiles might contain operating system as Win10RS6.
- For Version CU4, the new profiles might contain operating system as Win10_2009.
- If you are using user profiles created by Profile Management 1912, you might encounter the following issues:
- File Type Association (FTA) roaming fails.
- Attempts to open Calculator, Sticky Notes, and similar apps from the Start menu might fail.
The issues occur because Profile Management 1912 disables permission inheritance of ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft registry key. The ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES group consequently loses its permission to all child keys of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft, for example, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows.
As a workaround, do the following:
- For new users, ask Citrix Technical Support for a private package to create profiles.
- For existing users, enable the permission inheritance of ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft registry key manually:
- Log on to the VDA with the target user account.
- Open Registry Editor.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft.
- Right-click the Microsoft key, select Permissions -> Advanced, and select Enable inheritance.
- Click Apply and then OK. [UPM-2695]
- You are prompted to restart your machine after installing a VDA. However, the Profile Management service might not start after you restart the machine. When this issue happens, you can see that the following message about Event 7000 appears in the system Event log: “The ctxProfile service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.” As a workaround, change the value of the following registry key to a greater number (for example, 300,000):
- Name: ServicesPipeTimeout
- Type: REG_DWORD
- Value: 300000 [UPM-1454]
- Some sections of the Start menu might not populate. To work around this issue, run the
gpupdate /forcecommand from the command prompt. [UPM-1933]