With this feature, the Outlook cache file (*.ost) and the Microsoft search database specific to the user are roamed along with the user profile.
First, enable Microsoft Windows Search Service, and set its startup type to "Automatic." Then follow the steps below to enable search index roaming for Outlook.
- Open the Group Policy Management Editor.
- Under Policies > Administrative Templates: Policy definitions (ADM) > Classic Administrative Templates (ADM) > Citrix > Profile Management > Advanced settings, double-click the Enable search index roaming for Outlook policy.
- Select Enabled. Click OK.
If search index roaming is not configured in Group Policy objects, the value from the .ini file is used. If this setting is not configured anywhere, it is enabled by default.
For your changes to take effect, run the gpupdate /force command from the command prompt. You must log off all sessions and then log on again. For details, see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb490983.aspx.
- Software requirements:
Microsoft Windows 10 1709 (64-bit edition) or Windows Server 2016
Microsoft Outlook 2016 32-bit edition
- Supported Microsoft Windows Search Service (SearchIndexer.exe) versions:
- Concurrent sessions on multiple machines are not supported.